Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

slow rendering on iMac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I will be glad if you help solve the problem.
I've bought iMac (27", Retina 5K, fusion drive 1 tb), all its parameters are suitable for AC23, but rendering for some reason is too slow. Do you know the probable reasons?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
"Too slow" is a bit subjective. What did you expect or compare the rendering time to?

The speed is highly dependent upon the rendering engine settings you have chosen... which, for Cinerender, is a long discussion covered in many threads over many years in the Presentation/Rendering forum.

If you are using Cinerender, then the number and speed of processor cores and quantity (and speed) of RAM will matter... as will the use of the fusion drive (vs a pure SSD). If you are using Twin Motion, then all processing is on the graphics adapter and the speed is dependent on which one you have in your configuration.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Specifying: 6 cores Intel Core i5, 3,0 GHz, 8 Gb RAM

Also facades and architectural cuts are openning too slow. Сan the reason be low RAM?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Quite likely. I am pretty sure I have seem ACs RAM usage go over 16gb on my system while doing relatively basic renderings of a large model... Look to see if AC is using Virtual Memory when you render? ie. Does the RAM usage go over 8gb.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Karl Ottenstein
8 GB RAM is pretty minimal. If your iMac is a 27", then it is easy to buy after-market RAM (e.g., MacSales.com) and install more yourself.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB