Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

to edit texture .jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Via Photoshop, I am trying to lighten the Cedar Shingle.jpg in Textures 11/roof 11/ Roof Tiles 11.

Can get a lighter version and save to Cedar Shingle-light.jpg to the folder Roof tiles 11. Then apply that material texture to the roof surface composite. > But when displayed in AC11 lightworks view, it is not any lighter than original.

I notice that the file extension of the original .jpg is a "JPEG Image" and the PS CS2 .jpg file is an "Adobe Photoshop JPEG File".

Any way to lighten a texture image?
8 REPLIES 8
Thomas Holm
Booster
46cruisair wrote:
Any way to lighten a texture image?
Photoshop?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not understand the reply.
Thomas Holm
Booster
To lighten a texture image, like all images, you need some photo-editing software. Photoshop is such a package. www.adobe.com There are very good budget alternatives if you think you don't need all of Photoshop's options. I'd recommend Graphic Converter for the Mac. http://www.lemkesoft.com/
Anonymous
Not applicable
have been doing the edits via Photoshop in my CS2 package. just got a real live phone call from D Atkinson who reminded me that i need to reload the library.

thanks for the call dwight.

i put another request out to angi.
Dwight
Newcomer
When you add a file to the library, you need to RELOAD the library to make the new file accessible.

BTW: Since your reseller is not interested in bringing me in to do a seminar in your area, we'll have to organize it ourselves. Could any users in the Carolinas interested in a full-day rendering and Photoshop seminar sometime in January please PM me?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I successfully lightened the Cedar Shakes in Photoshop and saved to a new .jpg image.

I then applied the lighter material to a surface on the model.

BUT, when i photo render (Lightworks engine) the supposed lighter panel is not any lighter than the other original panel. i have made sure each time that i reload the library (the lighter .jpg wouldn't be available if i didn't).

i even went back and lightened it to a ridiculous level to be sure, and still no joy. ?? what am i missing?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Sorry I misread your question in my first answer.

Dwight (and others) has written a lot about material management through the rendering engines in Archicad. if you do a search you'll find a lot.

One thing you have to do when you've created a new material is to check that it's correclty mapped in the Internal engine material settings, and then switch to Lightworks settings and click "Match Internal Engine".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas, thanks. I worked in the areas that you suggested and finally got the results i was expecting. Basically, it was the check box in the lightworks settings to match the internal engine.

jeff

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!