Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

yet another way

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just want to share some technique. Here is a combination of lightworks and sketch render which I think gives nice result. It is good alternative when you need to show conception and you're still not sure about the materials. Comments are welcome.
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
final3a.jpg
Chadwick
Newcomer
Fantastic! I almost like that better than photo realistic attempts. Well done - perhaps you could give us some insight on the process? I know several clients of ours would love to see images like this.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice work, Pawel. And I love that wallpaper!

Is the technique as simple as photo rendering the image, then using that image as a background for a sketch render? Saw that explained recently, gave it a go, worked o.k. (but not good enough to post here, especially with tigr's work here).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Well, there is more than one way to achieve this effect for sure. Mine was:
1. Set a camera
2. Render using lightworks
3. Render using sketch render - in this example I used Koh-I-Nor preset, no shadow, best AA, white background
4. Remove white background, put a render instead (PS).
5. Some lines cleaning on curved surfaces and voila.
If somebody know the way to export sketch as a separate layer from background it would be very helpful.

This also works extremely well on elevations drawings where you need to show both - plasticity and accuracy same time.
__archiben
Booster
fantastic pawel! thanks for sharing . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
David Pacifico
Booster
You can do it with just Archicad if you use the lightworks rendering as the background to the Sketch Rendering. Be sure everthing is the same size in pixels even the 3D window.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=8821&highlight=sketch#8821
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
If somebody know the way to export sketch as a separate layer from background it would be very helpful.
In Photoshop change the layer mode of the outline sketch to "Multiply" and place it on top of the rendering layer.

excellent work by the way!
Rakela Raul
Participant
beautiful
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16