General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

GRAPHISOFT Building Together Event July 8-9, 2020

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
GRAPHISOFT will hold a Building Together digital event on July 8-9.
Registration is open, you can register on the following web page:
https://buildingtogether.graphisoft.com/

The agenda can be viewed here:
https://buildingtogether.graphisoft.com/agenda

UPDATE: Recordings of the sessions can be viewed at:
https://graphisoft.com/building-together-2020/archive-recordings
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
21 REPLIES 21
Jp1138
Expert
At least we may now know the splash screen building for ARCHICAD 24

Is this event the equivalent of ARCHICAD 23 world premiere from Las Vegas?
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, based on the things mentioned in the agenda, it may very well be.
DGSketcher
Legend
GRAPHISOFT Product Portfolio - Could it be there are other software solutions being announced as well as AC24?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are exiting news.
I guess this will be a very busy week for GS and partners.

Edit: Oh no... Its July!
rm
Expert
Guessing by the fact that 2/3 US presenters are structural firms, I suspect GS is adding tools for structural engineering to be integrated with General Contractors needs.

My hope GS doesn't continue to bloat the software with tools not fully vetted, while showing a dog and pony show to impress Revit customers, in an effort to get them to join our "gang".

Hoping for real world modeling tool improvements and consistency tool to tool, along with improved efficiencies in 2d production tools.

A completely modernized library with objects that come from partnerships with real product manufacturers would be earth shaking, which are abundant, if you are a Revit or Sketchup user.

Hopefully Epic Games will be able to present a stable working version of TwinMotion, instead of the vaporware Ray Tracing solution they announced in Vegas which GS was so excited to highlight. Unfortunately, Epic didn't deliver on....no fault of GS.

As a Mac office, I hope GS can announce they are partnering with Apple to have their software ported for the new A12 powered Macs scheduled to start production this fall.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
rm wrote:
As a Mac office, I hope GS can announce they are partnering with Apple to have their software ported for the new A12 powered Macs scheduled to start production this fall.
I hope so!
Jim Allen
Expert
We won't have Archicad running natively on Apple silicon for 12 months or so I guess.
Apple have only just released the development kit widely.

Apple have demoed Microsoft and Adobe software running natively (i.e. not in Rosetta 2) already, but I doubt many other major companies will have had an advance look at this sufficient to start porting their software.

I would also bet my house that the Microsoft and Adobe software demoed won't be fully functional.

The benchmarks for Rosetta2 are looking impressive so far, but it's way too early to draw conclusions. It's not unreasonable to assume that AR will able to run under Rosetta 2 when the new hardware is released - as long as the hardware is up to it. No reason to assume it won't work - Apple demoed Maya running in Rosetta 2.

I would also put a ton of money on Archicad 24 being formally released at the July 8-9 event.

The UK support office is being closed for 'staff training' in a few days - not long to wait now!
Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Jim Allen
Expert
rm wrote:
My hope GS doesn't continue to bloat the software with tools not fully vetted, while showing a dog and pony show to impress Revit customers, in an effort to get them to join our "gang".
I remember the video on Youtube showing how the updated Curtain wall tool could be used for Pompidou's structure, including the gerberettes. I tried to do a similar thing (much simplified) for spur shelving, and even the UK Graphisoft support guys could't get this to work without GDL coding.

This was a bit of a con.

What we desperately need is an updated mesh tool, for SEOs to work in plan, for railing components to display accurately in plan and improved morphs.

If morphs could work as easily as SketchUp geometry (still less flexible in lots of ways) that would be amazing!

More options for importing terrain models would be fantastic. The current 'Place mesh from surveyors data' function is just broken. It either uses Poisson or Delaunay triangulation which fails when there are things like roads, kerbs, steps and retaining walls.
Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Jp1138
Expert
Jim wrote:
I would also put a ton of money on Archicad 24 being formally released at the July 8-9 event.

That´s the rumour I´ve heard around here for the International version. And that localized ones may come as soon as a week later...
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is Graphisoft going to make the videos available after the event?

Because I work alone in a small firm, carving time out of two days back to back is a huge commitment for me and with everything going on I will be lucky if I can keep the information running on my side screen as I work. I would love the ability to look at these evenings and weekends. I think these videos would also go a long way in promoting the software. I get asked about the Archicad Software from other architects and I would love to point them to this kind of informative resource.

Ideally, I would have loved to see the event last year online (as well as all of the previous years). I would happily pay a fee, but it should be available in my opinion. Maybe this becomes one of the benefits of being an AchicadPlus Member.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Nardo99,

The Archicad 23 World premiere event video has been available on YouTube for over a year now. It was published right after the announcement of Archicad 23:

Hopefully, this year's videos will also be published on YouTube so anyone interested will be able to watch them at their convenience.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Nardo99,

The Archicad 23 World premiere event video has been available on YouTube for over a year now. It was published right after the announcement of Archicad 23:

Hopefully, this year's videos will also be published on YouTube so anyone interested will be able to watch them at their convenience.

Thank you. I really should have searched for this (would have saved me some embarrassment). Not only the world premier event video is there but a number of the presentations are there too - that is really great. Sorry for the confusion

This is the link to the YouTube Playlist in case anybody else is interested - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWXQgTsVyS6kkZlxPFjsRJpP
Anonymous
Not applicable
The registration for the event is not working. Did anybody managed to register?
Barry Kelly
batuhan wrote:
The registration for the event is not working. Did anybody managed to register?
Seems to be working for me.
I registered a while ago so I don't want to go through it all again.
But it is asking me to sign in with my Graphisoft ID and then takes me to the registration page.

Maybe try a different browser - that sometimes helps - I am using Firefox.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Any update on after-event videos? It turns out that the event is at 5 a.m. my local time. Sorry, as much as I love ArchiCAD, watching this at 5 a.m. just isn't going to happen.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
I can't say officially, but these things are usually recorded.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
jl_lt
Ace
Richard wrote:
Any update on after-event videos? It turns out that the event is at 5 a.m. my local time. Sorry, as much as I love ArchiCAD, watching this at 5 a.m. just isn't going to happen.
Same here! In times like this i wish there was an online platform where one could upload videos so that other people could see them later
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You guys can already watch the Live Replay of today's event:

Subtitles are available in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, and Russian, so not only English-speaking audiences can watch and understand.
Karl Griffith
Booster
Interesting that you need a Graphisoft ID to view. I was going to share the link with our Director of Design Technology, but he won't be able to view. I'm now in a 100 person Revit firm, after running a small practice to 34 years, ending up using Archicad... I would not expect to cause any change, but could plant some seeds.

And we are an integrated firm - all engineering in house. With a heavy commitment to Revit, I don't expect a change, but i have to believe it will draw some interest, and perhaps start a discussion.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Stress Co_
Advisor
LaszloNagy wrote:
You guys can already watch the Live Replay of today's event:

Subtitles are available in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, and Russian, so not only English-speaking audiences can watch and understand.
One thing I like about the replay over the live....
You can double the playback speed.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)