Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

MASTERS of ArchiCAD SUMMIT [online] - February 5 & 6

Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER...

ArchiCAD Masters from around the world will gather in a virtual conference to share their knowledge and experience with the ArchiCAD user community.

This is a special opportunity to get inspiration and practical training from these expert users that will enrich your ArchiCAD experience for all of 2015.

The MASTERS of ArchiCAD SUMMIT is a two day LIVE online webinar event. Each master will give a one hour presentation on a topic they are passionate about, that they focus on day to day, and bring the wisdom of real world experience to their vision. Conference sessions run every 90 minutes from 9 am to 6 pm PST (California time) on Thursday and Friday February 5 & 6.

These live sessions will be broadcast as well as recorded, so you'll be able to attend and ask questions, or watch videos of the presentations later. Registrants may stay connected all day (for one or both days), or come in and out as they wish.

Here is the lineup of ArchiCAD masters and topics (you’ll probably recognize some of these names):
  • Timothy Ball, UK - Hyper-Efficient, Detailed 3D Modeling
    Roderick Anderson - Costa Rica - Design-Build: Luxury Residential done better with ArchiCAD and BIMx Docs
    Ben Wallbank, UK - The Data in Your Model is Priceless
    Djordje Grujic, UAE - ArchiCAD Beyond Architecture
    Gary Lawes - UK - Hacking GDL - Practical Parametric Object Making
    Andreas Lettner - Austria - CineRender Tips and Tricks
    Erika Epstein - US - How to Successfully Implement BIM, Improve Your Workflow and Better Serve Your Clients
    Shawn B. Hopkins - South Africa - Activating Your Local ArchiCAD Market for Informed Design Solutions
    Andrew Passacantando - US - How a One Man Office Does Large Complex Projects using ArchiCAD from A to Z
    Karoly Horvath - Australia - Modular Design and Teamwork Strategies for Multi-Unit Projects
    Eric Bobrow - US - ArchiCAD Best Practices and The Ultimate Template
NOTE: I plan to add one more high-level presenter so we have an even dozen…anyone know an ArchiCAD Master in South America so we can have ALL 6 continents represented? (Actually, we already have Roderick Anderson from Central America, and it’s more important to get another inspiring ArchiCAD thought-leader, from anywhere in the world!)

The conference is affordably priced at $197 with early bird tickets on sale for $127 through January 20.

More information (including descriptions of each session) and registration are available at http://www.mastersofarchicad.com

I invite your comments and questions.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is an ad for an event people will need to pay for so I put it in the Ads forum.

One question: Will people be able to download the recordings for reference and view them on their own computer?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Laszlo -

Yes, everyone who registers will have access to the recordings and may download them for permanent reference.

Re the Event being one that people will need to pay for, this is no different than the ArchiCAD Winter School or the Graphisoft BIM 2015 North America User Conference. Why are these events allowed in the Events section, while this one is considered an ad?

While the GS BIM conference is an "official" company event, the ArchiCAD Winter School is a user-created and user-run event, just like this one.

We will likely get a lot more users attending our event than they do, since it is online, there are no travel costs and the sessions can be watched live or as recordings later.

I ask you to reconsider your decision to move this to the ads section. It is a community EVENT in the best sense of the word, with speakers from all over the world.

Eric
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hm, you are right, this was not consistent handling on my part.
I have moved it back to the Event forum.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27