Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Welcome to the new Graphisoft Community!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager
We would like to welcome you to our new community!
We hope this is going to be your first stop for information, questions and conversations about all Graphisoft products. It merges the content from what was previously the Archicad Talk forum with our Knowledgebase articles.

If you were previously active on Archicad Talk, we hope you’ll also be active here! When you sign in, you’ll be offered the option to migrate all of your previous content to your new account on this site.
For detailed steps, please read the Migration Guide.

Whether you are an experienced user looking for a technical article or with a challenging issue to ask fellow users about or are new to Archicad and have questions about learning, please join the conversation here and share your knowledge helping others.

The Community is a self-directed resource for you to find the information that you need and typically, answers to questions come from fellow users. While Graphisoft employees do participate here as well at times, if you have an urgent issue, please do contact your local technical support if you cannot find your answer here.

To check for most commonly asked questions, please read our FAQ thread.

Explore the site and join the conversation!

Your Community Team:

László Nagy, Lead Moderator
Barry Kelly, Moderator

Karl Ottenstein, Moderator

Eduardo Rolón, Moderator

Minh Nguyen, Moderator

Noémi Balogh, Community Administrator

Gordana Radonić, Community Manager

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

14 REPLIES 14
Johan Stinckens
Advocate

Hi Gordana,

Just wondering! Where did the "My Posts" link go?!

Can't seem to find them.

UPDATE: I just found them. 😁

Greetz... Johan

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
kittonian
Beginner

So, this big update to GS Community, and you thought that infinite scrolling without any page numbers on lengthy topics, only 4-5 main categories, and honestly just a horrible layout was the right way to go? Was the intention to get people to stop using the forum? If so, well done. It's virtually impossible to find a topic. I had to go in to my profile to find a reply that I made to a post and then click load more a few times to get to the end of the discussion just to see if there was anything new going on.

I don't mean to be negative, and as soon as I received the e-mail this morning I migrated over to the new platform, but honestly? This is crazy.

ArchiCAD 25 | Cinema 4D R23
12-Core Mac Pro (2 x 3.46 6-Core Xeon, 64GB DDR3)
OS X 11.2.3
AMD Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5700 XT (8gb)
Roger C
Booster

Same for me. There are two golden rules that should be always followed:

1. If it works, do not touch it
  2. Do not reinvent the wheel.

This rework is really embarrasing. Even the numbered list doesn't work properly.
I'd like Graphisoft to work harder improving Archicad tools, functions and capabilities, and stop messing around on things like the forum, which was working flawlessly untill they screwed it up.
We deserve better, frankly.

i7 3770K / MSI GS73VR 7RF i7 7700HQ

16 gb

GTX 3060 / GTX 1060

Windows 10

ArchiCAD 25 SPA
Johan Stinckens
Advocate

Just one week into the new "combined" forum/helpcenter, and I am not at all amused! 🙄

Why o why has Graphisoft decided to merge these two, inherently different, information channels into one? I am even at loss as to where the AC manuals have gone!

It just isn't logical to have knowledgebase articles, tutorials and video's thrown in with all the user generated data which a forum holds.

Johan

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.

@Johan Stinckens wrote:

I am even at loss as to where the AC manuals have gone!

Johan

In this post I answer that question:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Where-are-the-Help-Center-user-manuals/m-p/304941#M59...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lallerton
Newcomer

Hi Gordana, the new community looks great!   Well done Graphisoft team!

Maybe somebody thought of this already, but I would think that people using ACTalk in emergency situations (as opposed to just landing here brought in by Google) are using large and very large screens. This whole layout appears designed as if for phone screen users (although it is a waste of space on small screens too), which regardless of what statistics may say are not the users coming here for help, or while using Archicad. This format (waste of screen space, little content captured at a glance, need for a lot of clicks and blind navigation) is upsetting, repelling. There must be good reasons for wanting to make a switch, but I am finding the whole thing in its current shape irritating. I only finally came in after so many weeks in a case of extreme urgency, can't picture myself browsing this, and I really wish it gets fixed.

mikas
Expert

Of course it was a little shock for me too at first, but now after tuning my settings I am used to using the new forum. I would now even say I like it. So thank you GS staff. Thanks to long time moderators too, you seem to have survived in there also 😉.

One note though: When I am looking at "Most Recent" and clicking the "Load More" and visiting some topic, and then you want to go back to the list, it throws you at the first 10 topics list. You need to hit "Load More" again to visit earlier topics. And if you want to go even further back in time you need to hit "Load More" even more times. I don't know if this could be fixed in the forum engine or not, but I solved this in my prefs to show me 50 topics at once. Now I don't need "Load More" so much, at least if I visit the forum frequently enough.

I managed to format my signature too. Did not find how to make line spacing smaller though. It seems Khoros user/help communities/forums are partly hidden/forbidden from guests reading them I think.

But overall this is all good for me now.

👍

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You also have the "Unread Discussions" option:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27