BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

2D lines appearing in 3D model

Paopao
Booster
I think making 2D lines appearing in 3D would be a great way to enhance 3D modelling. Think axonometric or perspective plans imported from dwg or drawn in 2D lines (think what Rhino has always implemented). I think it is an essential way to show architectrual features in a drawing.

Pao
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
8 REPLIES 8
runxel
Legend
Just a quick reminder: Morph lines already show up in 3D and DWGs can be imported so they show their lines in 3D as well (:
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Paopao
Booster
in that case thhere is something I am missing as I have tampered with an imported file and didn't manage to have it shown in 3D, I had to rely on Rhino. How do you do it? Can you point me in the right dfirection please? I tried to morph a 2D dwg (it is a plan of a town so many many lines...) and didn't manage to do it.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Also, if you need 2D lines in the 3D view, may be you need to work in the 3d worksheet
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Paopao
Booster
If I understand correctly you don't actually work on the 3D model itself but on a separate worksheet where you created a 2D views from the 3D model and then you add the lines you need. I meantt the ability to actually keep 2D lines in the 3D view. Could someone actually have a look at a model I have worked on? because if it is actually possible I am missing something big.

UPDATE: I attach a view of the Floor Plan (where I work with both 2d and 3D objects): I would like everything to show up in the axo view (seconnd image) so I can see the 2D plan in the 3D view. At this stage the post shoudld be moved to another Noticeboard.
runxel
Legend
It is absolutely possible.
When loading a DWG just set the option "Import Model Space content as GDL Object".
Easy as that. Bam!

Have fun with your linework in 3D (:

(You can't snap to it, however. Workaround: Convert to Morph)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Paopao
Booster
OK, goign to try that! thanks
Paopao
Booster
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Anonymous
Not applicable
(You can't snap to it, however. Workaround: Convert to Morph) -> its truly helpful. THANK YOU
Learn and get certified!