Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Add Autotext for user selected Drawing ID/Name

Professor Pickle
Advocate

At times, I find that I need to refer to a particular drawing, by ID or Name, inside a label or text note. For example, "Refer to elevation Bathroom 04", where "Bathroom 04" is an Autotext field whose value was selected by me from a list of drawings placed on my layouts.

I imagine this to work similarly to placing a linked marker where a list pops us to select what the marker will refer to. Once the Autotext field has been entered it will automatically update itself to reflect the ID/Name of the drawing.

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Professor Pickle
Advocate

Hey! Whaddaya know, this is already possible! I had no idea and I stumbled upon this feature quite by accident while I was looking at the list of available AUTOTEXT keywords. Here's the corresponding manual page for AC26:

https://help.Graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F070_Docum...

Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Professor Pickle
Advocate

Hey! Whaddaya know, this is already possible! I had no idea and I stumbled upon this feature quite by accident while I was looking at the list of available AUTOTEXT keywords. Here's the corresponding manual page for AC26:

https://help.Graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F070_Docum...