Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

All wishes are polls!

Djordje
Ace
Dear all,

PLEASE make each of your clear, well documented and explained wishes a POLL.

That will grade your wish and also be a measure of how desirable the feature you want is to the others.

When wishing, PLEASE:

- first check whether there is already a wish of similar nature that can be built upon

- create ONE TOPIC PER WISH.

Alternatively, if you do have a comprehensive 100 wishes list as some do that is quite a different matter
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
11 REPLIES 11
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
The wishes are flying fast and furious. I'm as guilty as any.

But as far as helping GS make development decisions (I hope we are doing that) maybe we need the periodic super poll. What I'm thinking of is Graphisoft's own wishlist and a way that we can rank our top ten. That would give them very direct feedback on users desires as well as allow the powers that be to filter out what is already under development as well as what is really not considered possible or reasonable.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Alternatively, if you do have a comprehensive 100 wishes list as some do that is quite a different matter
I'm preparing my second list...
gpowless
Advocate
Djordje,

If the polls are going to be used as wish items (great idea) how about getting rid of the sticky ones at the top. It is hard to separate the new polls from the old ones.

I understand the reason for them being sticky but if we are using polls WE will determine which has priority both by the number of votes cast and by the order of interest....

Thanks
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Djordje
Ace
gpowless wrote:
If the polls are going to be used as wish items (great idea) how about getting rid of the sticky ones at the top. It is hard to separate the new polls from the old ones.
Done.

To set the priorities straight, we have been asked by the GS Wish Department to include the following poll categories in all the wishes:

Essential
Important
Average
Not Important
Not needed

This adds two more levels of importance and therefore makes for better and more detailed ranking.

Please amend your polls accordingly! I will!
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Essential
Important
Average
Not Important
Not needed
Shouldn't there be a button to create a standard poll ? As the forum is written in PHP, it shouldn't be difficult to implement this, as we've already seen many improvements from the begining of this web space.

So one button : std poll and another : custom poll
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoffroy wrote:
Shouldn't there be a button to create a standard poll ?
In fact, shouldn't the "new topic" button create automatically a poll with the default option ?
Djordje
Ace
Geoffroy wrote:
Shouldn't there be a button to create a standard poll ? As the forum is written in PHP, it shouldn't be difficult to implement this, as we've already seen many improvements from the begining of this web space.

So one button : std poll and another : custom poll
Will be ... Peter needs some sleep
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Will be ... Peter needs some sleep
What's sleep? That's must be something I apparently missed, I've never seen that explained in the manuals, what page would that be on?

I see said the blind man.

It would be nice if the numbers to the right of the categories had some sort of significance, like how many votes were cast for that category and not, as it seems to be, on a scale of 1-5 in respect to importance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, so long as you're gonna make a wish, presto! it's a poll!

The obvious question is: Why isn't this wish a poll. Practice what you preach comes to mind.

I'm curious, how did this topic get to be an "Announcement"? The last post prior to now (9/2009) was 2/2004. 6570+ views isn't at the top of the list in terms of number of views, currently ranks 11th or so.

Mark