BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad license

alemanda
Advocate
I hope that gs implement an option which download the license at each opening of archicad and upload (to the gs server) the license at each closure of archicad.
In this way license is always available for using on every PC you have (desktop at office, laptop at home).
Now is possible for sure but it's not automatic ... If you forget to "disconnect" the license of a computer you cannot do anything to retrieve it and use it on another PC.
That's very limiting.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
What if you are mobile & have poor or non-existent internet connection?

Might be worse than failing to disconnect
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
alemanda
Advocate
you're right ... In fact I spoke about an option ... I'd like to chose.
For example ... after clicking on the X button to close archicad, beside asking to save or not, I hope to see "disconnect your license or not?"
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
TracyGA
Contributor

We would like Archicad to allow users to remotely upload an Archicad key.  We keep having an issue that my coworkers home computer automatically downloads his key when he uploads it at home so that he can work in the office.  By the time he gets to work his computer has somehow downloaded his key again and then it is not available to him at the office.  Graphisoft says that isn't possible, but it has happened to him several times and I have personally seen my computer automatically download a key without my asking (when I've opened Archicad and forgotten that I haven't yet downloaded my key).

Learn and get certified!