Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx + AR(Augmented Reality)

Anonymous
Not applicable
BIMx + AR(Augmented Reality).
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you elaborate?
Do you mean you go to the site of the proposed building with a tablet or smartphone, run BIMx on it, point your device so it shows the site and BIMx shows the proposed building in the context of the real world?
Or something different?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, i wish my tablet can show the proposed building in the context of the real world.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Augmented reality - combined with virtual reality and now to the image, properly positioned, a mobile device can be used to display hidden behind the wall of the pipe
AR.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Augmented reality features are definately needed within bimx.
There are many kinds of implementation.
Align view feature in archicad is similar.
there are AR Apps for interiors and for exteriors.
There are also apps that place the building on field.
Each case has different uses and different way of implementation.

It would be nice if we could align within the building and isolate furniture or added partitions, to see how they fit on space for renovation and decoration purposes. There are AR apps that utilise alogorythms to recognise planes like floor or features like windows and doors.

An implementation of seeing the building from distance in an empty field, it would utilise a bimx placemark object within the project file, exported to the bimxhypermodel and then associated with a physical target onsite, probably on a corner of the field with known coordinates. Then with the help of Gps sensors or other positioning methods we would be able to go a far distance from site to view how the building would fit to sourrouding area.

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
examples:

Design review tool in cooperation between CAD and AR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbLHrfszQZ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUydEvnOsz8

Landscape simulation using AR (Augmented Reality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkRupfdm22M
Anonymous
Not applicable
My interpretation of the request is that a system is needed to easily show AR when having a BIMx file.

It would be good to be able to export PDF:s with AR-code triggers in any size with the publisher when creating your BIMx-package.

The AR-triggers would be created from/connected to an AR-gdl-objects that are placed by the user at strategic points that are easily replicated in real life.

This would make it easy to show hidden geometry whithin a finished project and add tremendous value to BIMx.

I tried to add an image to clarify, but that seemed to difficult for me..
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Could you elaborate?
Do you mean you go to the site of the proposed building with a tablet or smartphone, run BIMx on it, point your device so it shows the site and BIMx shows the proposed building in the context of the real world?
Or something different?
One of the aspects covered by augmented reality yes is this, to show the building in the site from far distances, probably with the use of gps.

But augmented reality can be used inside the building too. how about to be able to isolate selected object/s (with xray view would be nice) and align with the space-zone you are in? eg isolate furniture and show walls in xray, then align and start moving around to see how thinks blend. Or show MEP inside walls.

Also very impressive would be to align the drawings with the real world.

The difficult think is not to show a camera view against the bimx content, but to align with each other and keep like that, while moving around the building.