Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Complex Profiles with LOD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish Complex Profiles could have internal layers for different LOD (Levels of Detail).
As CP has been recently improved with offset modifiers, the complexity of some CP could be better handled with internal layers that could be controlled by MVO.
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
I know it is probably not quite the same, but you do have Partial Structure Display available if you set your CP fills up as core, finish, other.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand Barry, but I was referring more to the complexity of the CP itself.

For example: I can create a very detailed CP with lots of of fills/BM, voids, fixings e etc, that are useful in sections, but in elevations and perspectives are just adding loads of polygons to be calculated that in the end wont be visible.
It would be good to have an alternative "layer" in which I could draw a single fill/BM and break its surface to match the higher LOD. The end result in 3d would be exactly the same, but with way less polygons.

Does this make sense?
DGSketcher
Legend
+1 Makes sense to me.

GS have touched on this with their library part maker which allows for scale sensitive components. I guess for consistency the solution is possibly the same where you set the CP scale / LOD and draw the required fills to suit. Seems like a good solution and as you say it could dramatically reduce the polygon count in rendering drawings & images. If we continue down the route of what I hope will be live details then this probably needs implemented soon.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
runxel
Legend
Barry wrote:
I know it is probably not quite the same, but you do have Partial Structure Display available if you set your CP fills up as core, finish, other.
I think it's quote possible that GS will totally redo this feature so we will have a more custom LOD system.
(I mean, it isn't even working currently with the stairs e.g., so something needs to be done)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
runxel wrote:
I think it's quote possible that GS will totally redo this feature so we will have a more custom LOD system.

Partial Structure Display is another story/mess (Like Renovation Filter. Which apparently is one of the main reasons of current AC23 issues)... I have already expressed my opinion here

But LOD in CP could coexist with my proposed Property Filter View Option.
henryL
Enthusiast
Braza wrote:
I wish Complex Profiles could have internal layers for different LOD (Levels of Detail).
As CP has been recently improved with offset modifiers, the complexity of some CP could be better handled with internal layers that could be controlled by MVO.
I think this is essential.
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
I guess for consistency the solution is possibly the same where you set the CP scale / LOD and draw the required fills to suit.
Ideally, the best solution would be to Archicad automatically draw a "raw" fill/BM with the external contour of the detailed CP. And then users could edit it freely, as it happens with Stretch lines (which are draw automatically if the user delete the original. I think it wouldn't be hard to implement with API.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for sharing the wish and voting to share your opinions!

I'm happy to say that, this is an existing wish in our database (please refer to it as #11976). Hopefully, our Product Management team will consider implementing this one in the future!

Thank you all once again, and have a great day!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Minh! Much appreciated.