Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimensioning – Display Order of Lines and Background Fill

snow
Mentor
Hello all together,

It seems that such topic was not raised here on this platform yet… I wonder why.
In the german forum it is frequently discussed, like here…
  • In 99% of cases the complete dimensioning has to be displayed in front. So the basic display order for this should be above the highest of every other element.
  • If the text is getting moved along the dimension line. it jumps to the axis of this line and, if background fill is activated, it covers the half of the line. … very unclean…

Yes sometimes such covering could be neccesary but not always… and there is no way to control the display order of the text… some part of the dimensioning can and should be able to lay above the background fill…( in an area where is no text.)
I add another comment… matches not the topic here but touches the dimensioning tool in an other way:
Also in 99% of my cases, dimensioning line, marker and text should have the same color… but to change it, I've always to make three settings instead of one.
ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend
Thanks for raising the awareness, snow!

Also the last point is indeed quite irritating. I mean, I have favorites, sure. But still odd that there is no "link all pens" button.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and we have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-1429). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT