Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dynamic Layer Settings

Ed Wolfstein
Participant
Here's one I've wanted for quite some time, always hoping would somehow magically happen in a release...

When you Show or Hide a Layer in the Layer Setting dialog box, I'd LOVE to see those layers appear and disappear (toggle on/off) the instant you click on the "eye". That way you could create Layer Combinations much faster, or simply have a "look-see" at some layers without having to open and close the whole dialog box each time. Or sometimes you forget what layer you placed something on, and you simply want to toggle those layers on & off to find it. If the toggling on & off was dynamic, it'd save lots of time.

Cheers!

- Ed.
Edward Wolfstein, AIA, NCARB, MRAIC, CSI
Wolfstein Architecture
Burlington, VT 05401 USA

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
ArchiCAD 21 (USA Full)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
A dockable layer palette is long overdue.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Like this?
Simple Addon
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Ed Wolfstein
Participant
Yes! Perfect! Didn't have to think a millisecond to buy it, and support the Developer! Not to mention some of the other Add-Ons in the package! What a find! Thanks!

- Ed.
Edward Wolfstein, AIA, NCARB, MRAIC, CSI
Wolfstein Architecture
Burlington, VT 05401 USA

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
ArchiCAD 21 (USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone, coming from Autocad, wonders why AC does not have this feature.
zarmenas
Newcomer
kliment wrote:
Everyone, coming from Autocad, wonders why AC does not have this feature.
And why is that bad? I could write a huge list of features that are implemented into other applications (like autocad, max, or whatever) and that AC is lacking. For god sake, enough of that "we do it our way in AC", because it is getting nowhere - it is time to admit that some competitors have already outrunned AC in many ways. Admit it and strive to catch up on things. AC community is still modeling flat roofs from mesh and pavements from roofs (me included). How BIM is that?
DGSketcher
Legend
I thought the the OP was pretty much covered by the Quick View and Quick Layer palettes? Go have a look if you haven't used them yet!
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)