Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Internal Elevation tool to include plan

Leire Bilbao
Booster
When you do internal elevations of a room, you put a plan in the same layout. We would like to cut that plan to the extents of the room to put dimensions and annotations outside the room (as usually there's little space inside, for example in a toilet).

At the moment we need to put a fill around it, which creates problems when you have many of them together.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I get what you mean.
It would be nice if the IE markers surrounding the room could automatically block out a worksheet or detail of the floor plan.
You could probably do it with a worksheet or detail now, but the problem is it will not be a live plan.

There is another way that does not use fills.

Basically you just need to create 3 layer combinations.
One shows the plan but not text layer and the other shows just the text layer only, and the third shows all of those layers together.
The third combination is purely for working only and is never used as a published plan.
Create a three views, one using each of the layer combinations.

You work with the 3rd view - takes a little getting used to as you ignore the fact that the text and dimension are overlaying the plan outside of the room.

Now you add views 1 & 2 to a layout page as drawings and overlay them so they line up (adding a few hotspots in the Archicad layer are good for this).
The view (drawing) without the text layer can be cropped on your layout page to show just the room.
Now you have the text and dimension outside of a neatly cropped room.
Not need for fills and playing with display order.

Here is an old post with more detailed instructions.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34988

Barry
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
+1

Is there a poll somewhere?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Is there a poll somewhere?

I created a poll.
Hope it is what was wanted.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #12974). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT