BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layer Name Notes

4hotshoes
Advisor
To aid in the office standard and integration to the workflow of Archicad, I would like to suggest that each Layer Name, which has an extension, would also have a "note" section that could pop out like a help box if selected. This "note" box could hold information about the proper use of the layer. This would allow the BIM Manager to integrate standards in the App. Or there could be a general Help button that allows you to link a text file that explains the layer scheme. This is especially useful for new users or the occasional user.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 REPLY 1
runxel
Legend
All about the layers like they are could be improved.
But will GS finally do anything about them?

Even the topic of "folders" could be somewhat resolved, if only the existing layer extension would be less of a burden and more of a help.
Why can't the layers in the tools be sorted and grouped by extension?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!