Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Macro Recording

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good day everyone,

would it be possible to implement a macro recording function, like the one found in MS Excel, to aid with repetitive tasks in Archicad?

Regards,

Zeelie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
Have you looked into the Python add-on? This would solve this to a certain degree, if not even be more powerful, I guess.
(Just saying, before we get something like a macro system all power should go into the Python stuff :))
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Zeelie,

Thank you for sharing your wish and creating the pool!

I'm happy to say that this is a known request in our WishList database (please refer to it as #4305). I hope that our Product Management will consider adopting it in the future!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Solution
runxel
Legend
Have you looked into the Python add-on? This would solve this to a certain degree, if not even be more powerful, I guess.
(Just saying, before we get something like a macro system all power should go into the Python stuff :))
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
runxel wrote:
(Just saying, before we get something like a macro system all power should go into the Python stuff )
I agree, I was just not aware of the Python add-on up until recently and saw that it's also an experimental feature in AC24 which I'm very excited about.

Now I just need to learn how to write some scripts.
poco2013
Mentor
FYI:

The present version of Python, in Archicad, is so limited as to make screen macros impossible right now. However there are several add-on modules available, notably pygame and keyboard and many others, which make keyboard and mouse capture/control available. The problem is that they all assume a certain fixed screen resolution which can be a problem if you resize your screen. There are many videos on YouTube which demo the procedure including other add-ons.

The add-ons work very well but take a lot of effort to set up. It would be more direct if Python was expanded to address elements directly but it looks like it will be some time before that happens, if ever.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Hi Minh

Are there any news on this topic? Or a newer community-share?

I want to record my workflow on ArchiCAD25 (with python) to automate some repetitive steps without getting into details of the Archicad API.

best regards,

gsommer_

FYI: Minh went to work for a Hungarian architectural company as BIM Manager so he will not be able to answer you.

A bit of related GS Community info: If you look at his posts or Profile, his Rank says "Graphisoft Alumni" which means a person who worked for GS but not anymore.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Even I didn't know about that, Minh leaving or the 'Alumni' title (never noticed that).

Sorry to see Minh go, but wishing him all the best.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11