Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Maintain BIMx .exe and .app export option to avoid install

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with maintaining the .EXE and .APP option in BIMx 17.

Back when we used .MOV files to share the 3D model with our clients, I had difficulty assiting clients with downloading, installing (or updating) their Apple Quicktime.

The .EXE and .APP files have made working with clients so much easier. I have been creating both the Windows and MAC formats for my clients. I put them in a .ZIP folder and link them to a client page on my website where they can simple click on the link to download the file. Then click on the file to open the explorer. It couldn't be simpler.

Showing client how to maneuver in BIMx is simple and fun, but helping them to download and install software is a pain in the #@!$.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just added my vote as essential (which is rare for me).

I am in the process right now of converting a Revit model to IFC and then using ArchiCAD to produce the U3D so I can make a 3d PDF in Acrobat to send to a client who does not want to deal with DWF viewer software.

It's taking a loooong time too as it is a large project (major airport terminal).

It sure would be nice to be able to send a self running BIMx.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My clients don't want to install anything , and i have some BIMX.exe on a presentation DVD with my recent works - interactive portfolio .
Anonymous
Not applicable
He-he, globalization, however, the choice is less))))
Certainly Essential!