Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Messages while opening a project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please, tell me if I wrong, but there is no ability to turn off all messages while opening process. This is useful, when start new one, but VERY annoying when opening project which in work. Day by day, once by once - i have to press CLOSE (X) button.
So please, give us a choice - have a smooth opening or admire the messages.
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Can you post a screenshot of the messages? I have never encounterd this situation.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of the messages? I have never encounterd this situation.
Drawing manager and Library Report. No "Don't show for this project" button
Eduardo Rolon
Those messages are because AC is missing information from the file and indicating that there is an error on it. Once you tell AC were that information then the pop-ups will stop.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Lingwisyer
Guru
On that thought, it would be nice if you could replace missing objects directly from the manager rather than needing to Find and Replace. It is rather tedious when the said object is found in views other than on plans or in 3D... Think there was a wish for it somewhere...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Those messages are because AC is missing information from the file and indicating that there is an error on it. Once you tell AC were that information then the pop-ups will stop.
I know it. But, for all the time (12 years), I never needed to clean these objects. And in addition, projects often go through several people... But ArchiCAD says me "I WILL SHOW YOU THESE POP-UPS, TILL YOU CLEAR ME! HA HA HA HA!" ))))))
Eduardo Rolon
These are "user errors" that you need to fix and should not be ignored nor turned off.

You are asking how to turn off the "Low Oil" warning in a car because nobody will take the time to add oil to the engine. I could tell you how to turn off the bulb (smash it with a hammer) but the correct solution is to add oil to the car even though you say it is too much trouble.

Just because you have been lucky for the last 12 years without having any obvious issues (for which you can thank GS) does not make it right now.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Barry Kelly
I agree with Eduardo on this one - you may have been lucky but you should really fix the problems.
Have a look at the errors you have.

Missing objects - there could well be something missing from your drawings that is important.
It seems in your case that they are not important but if that is the case why are they in your file still?

Duplicate objects - generally this is not a problem, but you have duplicates of objects. One may have been updated with new features or a bug fixed - which one are you using?

Missing drawings and PDFs - you are linking to external files that can no longer be found. That means that if any of these files have been updated, then you still have an old copy that you are seeing in the plans. If you don't need them to be updating, then don't have them trying to link to external files.

Warnings are there for a reason and really shouldn't be ignored.
It is much better to have a 'clean' file so that when a warning does appear and it is important, it won't be lost amongst all the other warnings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
These are "user errors" that you need to fix and should not be ignored nor turned off.

You are asking how to turn off the "Low Oil" warning in a car because nobody will take the time to add oil to the engine. I could tell you how to turn off the bulb (smash it with a hammer) but the correct solution is to add oil to the car even though you say it is too much trouble.

Just because you have been lucky for the last 12 years without having any obvious issues (for which you can thank GS) does not make it right now.
I think that the parallel with "Low Oil" is not quite appropriate. If i REALLY need to fix these issues - I go to the project report page or something similar. But, usually, they come to me from other members, and so, this is too difficult to fix. I think the users meet this problem, often.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I agree with Eduardo on this one - you may have been lucky but you should really fix the problems.
Have a look at the errors you have.

Missing objects - there could well be something missing from your drawings that is important.
It seems in your case that they are not important but if that is the case why are they in your file still?

Duplicate objects - generally this is not a problem, but you have duplicates of objects. One may have been updated with new features or a bug fixed - which one are you using?

Missing drawings and PDFs - you are linking to external files that can no longer be found. That means that if any of these files have been updated, then you still have an old copy that you are seeing in the plans. If you don't need them to be updating, then don't have them trying to link to external files.

Warnings are there for a reason and really shouldn't be ignored.
It is much better to have a 'clean' file so that when a warning does appear and it is important, it won't be lost amongst all the other warnings.

Barry.
The reality is - something of those issues had to be fixed is very rarely, vanishingly rarely.