BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More Visible Check Boxes

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a very small wish & many expert AC users might find this a funny wish.

In Most tools settings dialog boxes the place where the tick is to be placed appears only after the feild is highlighted or selected. It would be very helpful if all check boxes are visible without having to select the feild (as indicated in the upper 3 feilds of the dialog box)

This would be very helpful to many users like me & my collegues who are trying to migrate to archicad from other software.

It is very difficult, initially, to remember the locations of all the settings, and if the check boxes are not highlighted many people cannot figure out what to do. this will also save a lot of redundant mouse clicks.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Makes sense to me!

Cheers,
Link.
Chazz
Enthusiast
The problem is much deeper than having to preselect the field to reveal its function. I think the real issue is one of hierarchy.

All these checkboxes and line settings are basically given equal importance. Some of them relate plan view, some relate to section, some to 3D but all of them are basically weighted equally and this is why it is such a pain to set up the slab tool before you draw with it. A lot of stuff will show up in plan only and never in section so plan view should be weighted differently from section, etc. And always the, d a m n dialog box needs to stretched or shifted to see everything. This whole tool config schtick is the weakest interface element in the program and was a big step backwards when it was introduced in AC 9 or 10. The selection interface in AC 7 was much better (though obviously much more limited).
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is still a problem in AC 12
Learn and get certified!