Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New command: "Remove points between collinear segments "

Nikitas
Newcomer
It happens too often during daily drafting routine that our mesh, slab, etc. "receives" points that aren't wanted. For example by add and remove polygon comands, magic wand adjustments and more.
These commands too often leave unwanted points behind that can become quite a lot. These than get tedious to be removed by dragging each one seperately over an other point.

Suggestion:
A command for removing all points that are between collinear lines would be a wonderful "cleaning" tool and save tons of worktime.

Nikitas
6 REPLIES 6
That would be a good command, but until it arrives, here's a little-known trick to accomplish the same thing and which will work even if the nodes aren't on collinear segments:

Draw a marquee around the nodes that you'd like to disappear. (Do not include the end points.) Use the Stretch command to stretch from one of the end "problem nodes" to the far corner. All of the intervening nodes will disappear. (See diagram.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Lingwisyer
Guru
Richard wrote:
Draw a marquee around the nodes that you'd like to disappear. (Do not include the end points.) Use the Stretch command to stretch from one of the end "problem nodes" to the far corner. All of the intervening nodes will disappear. (See diagram.)

And here I have been adding or subtracting a triangle to reduce the points moved to one... Great work around

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
The pet palette has an 'add node' option.
It would be great if it also had a 'delete node' option.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
Barry wrote:
The pet palette has an 'add node' option.
It would be great if it also had a 'delete node' option.
But only if it would work in a consecutive manner! = Selecting multiple points at once.
Because otherwise it holds no improvement to the current situation (dragging to another point).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
vistasp
Advisor
Excellent tip, Richard. Thank you so much!
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Darren_Kilker
Booster
Great tip Richard!, Now if it would work on polylines we'd be set.