BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Object Parameter Audit

DGSketcher
Legend

Access to parameter values is crucial for model auditing, particularly with complex objects. I currently need to visually check a parameter value against location. It seems like I am now going to have to open each object's settings as checking a parameter value with Find & Select or Graphic Override can't be achieved.

Surely it must be possible to configure the search criteria to allow drilling down into an objects parameters or even just simply allowing a search for a parameter name / descriptor?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Does setting up a schedule showing the object name/ID/storey/etc., and parameter values help?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Could you modify the object to print out the values for when you need to audit? Would save you having to open each object individually. In one of my objects I have made it so that when you type "Test Object" into one of the user defined variables, the object will print out a whole lot of debug variables.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
DGSketcher
Legend

Thank you both for the suggestions.

@Barry Kelly Depending on where I am in development, the scheduling option could work, the problem in my case is I am still developing the model and assigning meaningful ID's is a bit premature and the other obvious queries are unreliable or irrelevant. I can't use zones either. Later on it could be an option.

@Lingwisyer The object does have a text tag which I can turn on to show the key values I need to check on the plans. It is just a pain zooming and panning around all these tags to check them and hoping one hasn't been missed. I may develop the text tag switch to assign a surface colour based on the four states I need to check.

The point of the wish for @Graphisoft to consider is how much it would help users if we could use the amazing colour feedback option of Graphic Overrides to quickly identify objects with a parameter setting that doesn't fit the current limited selection of properties, width, height etc. Much is made of the ability to identify the fire rating of walls and door properties using GO's, if we could do the same to make visual checks on specific parameters then that could help eliminate some drawing data/modelling errors that are easily overlooked in lists.

I don't underestimate the complexity of the issue, but to be fair, I think GS should have the resources to refine filtering of parameters for use in Find & Select and Graphic Overrides, after all as @Barry Kelly has reminded me, the object parameters are exposed to schedules.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-12362)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Learn and get certified!