Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Renovation Filters and Element Status

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
ALL elements should have a Renovation Status setting -- including Markers. Otherwise, EXST/DEMO Layers and Layer Combinations are still necessary to turn Markers of new construction off in existing/demolition Views.

In addition, ALL elements should have an "Ignore Renovation Filter Overrides" setting -- for instance, it's typically undesirable to have annotation pens and linetypes overridden with those of construction elements. Because annotation can consist of objects, dimensions, and other 2D elements, this setting should be available to ALL elements.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
21 REPLIES 21
Dennis Lee
Booster
Since AC is a BIM solution, the renovation features shouldn't stop at the model elements, right? We have to carry the idea across to the documentation to really make full use of this new feature. I vote ESSENTIAL.

I think Laura's idea to have the "Ignore.." setting is really a good idea, since this won't have to make a new linetype class for the leader and dimension lines to differentiate them from the construction "symbol" line type.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Also see this post.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Frank Beister
Advisor
For the renovation market is essential, that composite elements get this tag for each layer. The logical consequence is that objects can request the reno state of associated elements.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Is it just me, or does the RENOVATION status NOT get picked up with EYEDROPPER or FAVORITES?

I must be doing something wrong... Sure the status would get FAVORITIZED...

It is not a selectable trait to pass over in the Favorites Preferences either...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
vfrontiers wrote:
Is it just me, or does the RENOVATION status NOT get picked up with EYEDROPPER or FAVORITES?
With the Eyedropper, you are correct.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
David wrote:

With the Eyedropper, you are correct.

David
Does that mean you got it to work with FAVORITES... I got the same result with Favorites.. Set up a favorite that has DEMO status... change Reno Status to NEW and double click the Favorite and it does not change back to demo..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
vfrontiers wrote:
Does that mean you got it to work with FAVORITES...
I have not used Favorites, so I am not saying anything about them.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, this seems to be a problem because other settings in the Tags and Categories panel of elements are transferred with Favorites. Structural Function, Position and Element Classification all get transferred.
This looks to me like a bug so I will report it to GS.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
thanks Laszlo...

It occurred to me also that the RENOVATION filter is NOT "gender specific"!... So if I have a bunch of lines, some text, some labels, a wall and objects... they can all get a SHOT OF NEW from the Renovation palette with one click of the button.
Duane

Visual Frontiers