Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Replace Scale Sensitive Zone Content with User Defined Content

Rob Shearer
Participant

It is not the scale of the drawing that determines what information I want to display from a zone stamp, it is the type of drawing.  Often the Floor Plan, Reflected Ceiling Plan, Plumbing Plan, Finish Plan, etc all are at the same scale, but I need different information from Zone Stamp.  So, rather than setting information for arbitrarily pre-defined "Content 1:50, Content 1:100, Content 1:200". (Which means almost nothing to USA users, BTW) I could set user defined content, "Content Plan, Content RCP, Content Finish Plan" or "Content A, Content B, Content C" Ideally, then I would simply choose the content I wanted to display for a drawing in the MVO's.  Note that a user could still define the content by scale if they wanted to, it would just mean that they would also have to set it in the MVO; one more click for that user, but so much more powerful and useful for everyone else. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JeffH
Enthusiast

I would love if they moved all of those visibility options out of the stamp and onto a new MVO Tab.

Our Current workflow has Code Plans, Floor Plans, Door & Window Plans, Finish Plans Reflected Ceiling Plans and Equipment Plans all at the same drawing scale, so we really don't get the control of what is being shown when everything is limited By the 1:100 Visibility option that we show for the New Floor Plans.

If everything were to be MVO Based, we would simply create an MVO for each of our architectural divisions, change the setting for each, and not have to spend any real time tweaking the settings.

Labels can be a workaround.  but it is a workaround we shouldn't be forced to use, in my opinion, as MVO Check boxes make a ton more sense.

AC24 / AC26
Win10

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

There is a Zone Stamp in the UK that does this and it is absolutely fantastic. I’m hoping it can and will be translated to a label at some point. It truly is brilliant being able to link the content to MVO’s. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Palawat
Advocate

Sorry for a cheap sell. You might want to try this :

https://www.indigofigs.com/zone-stamp/

Archicad 26, Windows 10, Corei7 3.4 GHz, 16 GB Ram.
https://www.indigofigs.com
https://www.facebook.com/indigofigs

That brings up another wish, That they would translate and make available to everyone all the great features that I hear about in other countries...I would bet a lot of people's wishlist items would be answered by this.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can create custom Labels that display the exact info you want and since AC25 UP2 you can use Zone Labels to display these data. Much more flexible than Zone Stamp content.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

You can do that but the only way to control it is to have loads of labels controlled by layers. The MVO controlled Zone Stamp is a different league to the labels and is so much better. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, it is true, but it offers options for different scales. Zone Labels, on the other hand, let you have a different Label for other scenarios as well like e. g. different Plan Types. Zone Stamps will be at the same position in all scales, their graphical appearance will always be the same. Zone Label instances can be anywhere, and they can have different graphical appearance.

In my opinion, Zone Labels are just more versatile. There are scenarios Zone Stamps simply can not handle, unless you write your own, which is advance GDL stuff. But you are right, Zone Labels need to be controlled by Layers.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
JeffH
Enthusiast

I would love if they moved all of those visibility options out of the stamp and onto a new MVO Tab.

Our Current workflow has Code Plans, Floor Plans, Door & Window Plans, Finish Plans Reflected Ceiling Plans and Equipment Plans all at the same drawing scale, so we really don't get the control of what is being shown when everything is limited By the 1:100 Visibility option that we show for the New Floor Plans.

If everything were to be MVO Based, we would simply create an MVO for each of our architectural divisions, change the setting for each, and not have to spend any real time tweaking the settings.

Labels can be a workaround.  but it is a workaround we shouldn't be forced to use, in my opinion, as MVO Check boxes make a ton more sense.

AC24 / AC26
Win10