Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Request: AC Library Update - 3D wall mounted Florescent lamp

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi Graphisoft,

I would like you to include for the next version of AC, a simple 3D model for a simple 3D wall mounted flourescent lamp for lighting & MEP purposes.

Something similar to this
Thank you
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing this wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database. Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why this has to be added in a wishlist?

This is a really easy to make object with the segmented beam element.
You have the midle part and the edges.
No need for an extra object in the library.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Probably more for the colour temperature and output power settings which could be integrated into an object.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Retdefender

I requesed this library part for these reasons:
1) It's a basic object, that is usually used in countless projects (either by project:new - renovation - etc / or spaces: usually storage and MEP installations rooms)

2) If project elaboration is done between different members or teams, that already use ArchiCAD's international library object, that as a criteria use essential ArchiCAD objects and essential elements in real life for project definition, then it's a good idea to have it.
Beside, the object is inline with the criteria of ArchiCAD International object library.

3) If you get to see lamps. you will find a neon ceiling hanged/fixed, with multiple options, including for simple representation, but the wall fixed is a fancy model, separated from the wall by some distance, and for the spaces were I was going to use or the projects' modelling needs , it wasn't even suited for the project need, beside it being an overkill.

PS:
- Although I didn't intend for the library part to have lighting data, and as max. just the MEP connection, I would not make a fuss if it doesn't have any of those.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.