Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Request room's coordinates

runxel
Legend
I want the possibility to get the positions of the corners of the room.
We already got ROOM_CORNERS.

SYMB_POS_X/Y gives us the position of the room stamp, but not the room itself. I need both.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the wish and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-1363). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hmooslechner
Rockstar
And by the way - not only the room-coordinates - also the openings in the surrounding walls in the depth of the Door-leaves to get the real contour of the floor-covering.

Maybe much more important:

Because we users are wishing this to workaround some fundamental holes in the concept of Archicad - an complete other idea:

It is virtually the elephant in the room, about which no one speaks

Maybe it would be an even better way to allow the "roomtool" to display the floor composition with all its real layers - not as extra slabs - within the roomstamptool itself!!

Adittionial - Graphisoft should much deeper think of the connection of wallsides to rooms - coverings of walls depending on the room - not the wall should have the coverings - but the Roomtool should manage wall-coverings

Back to the topic here:

When we users should clean the concept-holes of Archicad at our own with GDL, then Graphisoft really should give us the complete XYZ-Coordinates of each 3D-Point of the room-volume including all surrounding openings in walls, slabs, roofs, shells, collumns and so on.. on the much easierst way for using it in further scripting in GDL

Every implemented thing in this room should be available to us scripters in GDL
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia