Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SEO solid element operation and renovation filter

peter farrow
Contributor
It would be helpful if a solid element operation could be set to be active only in specific renovations filters. Say - have a slab (Renovation status new) to operate on a wall (Renovation status existing) and for that operation to be effective with the Renovation filter set to New construction, but not effective when the Renovation filter is set to Existing plan - that is for the wall to show as existing in Existing plan and as altered in New construction.
peter
Archicad 4.5 to 16 - iMac
London UK
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely essential!!!
Renovation filters are nice to work with... but I feel it is somewhat incomplete in those scenarios as discussed here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=231925&highlight=renovation+solid+element+operat...

and here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51989&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=renovat...
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
This is an awesome idea. Would make it a lot simpler to do these kind of tasks. I vote essential.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would not only be useful in the context of showing the difference between demo, existing, and new, but also in maintaining control of schematic options via the renovation filters. For instance if one schematic option shows a two-car garage cut into a hill (the hill an existing feature) and the other a three car garage, the cut into the hill will be different. AFAIK, the only way to handle this is to double up layers and use layer intersection priorities, or have a separate file.
dcerezo
Advocate
Has this feature been added? I'm having some issues with site terrains cut by slabs in different phases and was wondering if this might have been addressed somehow.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1. This feels like an incredible gap in AC22..!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
dcerezo wrote:
Has this feature been added? I'm having some issues with site terrains cut by slabs in different phases and was wondering if this might have been addressed somehow.
Sadly, no. As a workaround for this we copy the terrain and pin it to the renovation filter.

So one terrain for existing, one for demolished, one for new and however many more you have. Not very 'smart / intelligent' workflow, but the only way we can get our plans to show things the way we would like.

Partial demolishing in walls can be done using empty windows/doors/wallniches set to new status.

For roofs it is a struggle to get things right as well.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not very 'BIM' either, IMHO, where IFC elements are supposed to keep their identity throughout..
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
mattiasdh wrote:
Not very 'BIM' either, IMHO, where IFC elements are supposed to keep their identity throughout..
Agreed, but it's 'just' terrain, the contractor won't have to shape the world in to existance first, luckily
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
dcerezo
Advocate
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. As a relatively new ArchiCAD user, some of these things really surprise me....not very BIM is right mattiasdh.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma