Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Site Modeling tools wish

win-q
Contributor

It would be very convenient if there were specific tools within AC to build roads, pavements, sidewalks etc. within the mesh instead of having to invent elements which at times may not be too refined for visual and documenting purposes. Understanding that they are some add-ons that may address this but a basic tool is necessary. 

I trust that this wish can be supported by members and eventually considered by the Graphisoft team.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11740)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11740)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Do you see this feature being considered soon? Noticed that AC26 didn't really come with much great enhancements / features. 

Hoping to see much more improvements soon. Will review more and possible share further suggestions.

Regards,

Winston

Picard
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi win-q!
I'm glad you've send this pavement into the pound. 
ARCHICAD handle terrains with the Mesh tool, but since a long time we still hungry for much much more than a mesh tool.

Why because the mesh tool so limited: one material, no possibility to immediately draw path, plateau… only with workarounds.

If I remember in the 90's was sold as a third part tool of ARCHICAD the name was "ArchiSite"! 

The tool allowed us to create any site, and let us to reddit afterwards!

On the sites we drew plateaus, roads/pedestrians paths, we defined their slopes with min/max tolerances and as well for banks and slopes…

If my memory doesn't play to much tricks, we were also able to set multi materials on e.g. grass/asphalt/gravel etc.

We are now in the 20's and seems to be far from the advanced techno of the 80's. From an architect viewpoint as I am too, this is a lack.
What do an architect models first… its terrain.

To my humble opinion architects would love to have such advanced tools.

Architects benefits: time + money.

I will put the wish on priority. Nonetheless I see in the forum that terrain doesn't seems so. But as I am in contact with ARCHICAD users and that I teach ARCHICAD I can tell you that the demand exists. 
May be if we compare France with the rest of the World our priority is not?

So I hope we could be heard at least before I get retired 😉

Excellent 

I am hoping that there will be some good news about the site modification tools coming forward especially for AC27.