BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slab Outline Toggle

Miha_M
Advisor
Sometimes I wish would have a Slab outline toggle option and the additional option to show/hide a selected outline. I know the basic one is possible with the slab layer on/off, but it's the second toggle option which would give us more control of how a plan drawing can look like.

The same option would be useful on all surface based tools like fills, roofs, etc.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think this would be an important and useful feature for all polygonal tools. One should be able to set the Pen and Line Type of each individual edge, plus toggle its visibility individually.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Johan Stinckens
Advocate
I think this is one of those issues which should have been resolved a long while ago, as are a lot of others we keep getting stuck with.

We frequently want to show a cover fill for the flooring. Doing so the contour obstructs the hidden lines at openings (door/window). As a workaround, I have created a dots line with ample spacing so it doenst really show, but it is still there.

I really think this should be addressed, and the solution should be quite straightforward!
You would think at least someone on the beta-testing would have noticed the 'gap' in the tool window!

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
Learn and get certified!