Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Surface Family

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I could define a series of Surfaces based on a Parent one.
For example: I create a new Tile Surface with the same Transparent Joint Texture, correspondent Vectorial Fill and White color, and define it as a Parent Surface. Then I would create another Surfaces based on this Parent one, where I would just change color and save it as a new related one. If I change the Parent Surface, all related Surfaces would replicate the Parent Edit settings, except the local ones. And finally, in the Surface dropdown button, the Parent Surface would have a secondary dropdown list of the Surface Family.
This would allow for a less cluttered UI and easy to create and maintain Manufacturer surface catalogs.
4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing this wish! Another great idea again! I have saw some projects with close to hundreds of surfaces, and looking for the exact one is quite time-consuming!

I have entered it as a wish in our Wish List database (please refer to it as #12837). I really hope that this one will be implemented by our Product Management team in the future.

Thank you once again for you enthusiasm, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Minh!

BTW: Did yo check my revisited Model Filter View Option?
If this one gets in the GS Whish List with high priority, I promise I will stop making whishes here for the next 10 years, ok?

Cheers,
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi there,

I did some checking in our list. There were some similar ideas there, but nothing quite exactly the same. Therefore I entered it as a new Wish (#12843).

I wish that I had the privilege to know the priority/plan date of implementation for any wishes, unfortunately, these are decided by the Product Management team. I hope that they will consider implementing this one in the future!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Much appreciated Minh!
Fingers crossed.