cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wishes forum

Tile layouts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How about an option to tile several layout windows in a larger uber layout. As a student, I find I want to do quick and cheap printouts. Tiling would allow me to split an A1 into 4 A3's, which a lot of people have as a printer at home these days. It would also be seriously useful in laying out multi-board presentations. A simple grid with some ability to adjust margins in between would suffice.
12 REPLIES 12

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this is absolutely essential.
On top of that, this was a feature PlotMaker 9 had (it was called Multi-Page Layouts) but was lost or omitted when PlotMaker was merged into ArchiCAd in ArchiCAD 10.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

TomWaltz
Newcomer
Doesn't the plot command do that automatically now? We get accidentally tiled pages all the time.
Tom Waltz

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Even with printing you can print a large Layout to A4 sized pages for example, but it does not let you control the order of pages printed like in PlotMaker at the time. That is my big pain.
....................................................................................................

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just my luck. I just started using AC last year with AC10. As for the plot command, I don't see that it would have the flexibility of multi-page layouting, allowing one to align a drawing across multiple layout pages, for example. I'm stuck taking PDF's to a printer for now, anyway. Seems like an easy fix for GS, at least. Thanks for your thoughts.

Erich
Newcomer
Correct me if I am wrong but the Mac side does allow you to set the order of tiled pages. Does the PC side not allow this?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On my computer (PC), it doesn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using a Mac here, but the issue is being able to see two, or more, layout pages at once in the actual layout editing. As I've been working away it's occurred to me that what I want is to open a whole subset. The presentation I'm working on now has different size pages, but it would still be nice to lay them out together, for better continuity.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"laszlonagy" wrote:
On top of that, this was a feature PlotMaker 9 had (it was called Multi-Page Layouts) but was lost or omitted when PlotMaker was merged into ArchiCAd in ArchiCAD 10.

The funny thing is that it is the only thing that I miss out of Plotmaker, perhaps its not much of a challenge for them to add that feature to a hot fix.

Karl Ottenstein
gabriel wrote:
How about an option to tile several layout windows in a larger uber layout. As a student, I find I want to do quick and cheap printouts. Tiling would allow me to split an A1 into 4 A3's, which a lot of people have as a printer at home these days. It would also be seriously useful in laying out multi-board presentations. A simple grid with some ability to adjust margins in between would suffice.
No ability to adjust margins - and of course you would have to play games if you want a proper scale - but you can certainly just save your layouts as a single PDF file and then use Adobe Reader to tile them onto a page. (Or, some printer drivers support tiling directly.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.8, iMac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm desperate for multi-page prints and haven't been able to figure out how... I just assumed it wasn't possible.

And, since I re-read the thread, I get that it's kinda not. Hrmph.

Is there a wish for a multi-layout option? I really want to print 2 layouts at 50% on one sheet.

Karl Ottenstein
Jocelyn wrote:
I really want to print 2 layouts at 50% on one sheet.
I gave you one method via PDF...??

Generally, 2 on one sheet at 50% is only possible anyway if your original margins are pretty large and/or your printer can print with remarkably small margins. If a sheet is set up to use most of the printable area, then when the sheets are reduced to 50%, the resulting margins will be too small for many printers and things on the edges will get chopped off.

Karl
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.8, iMac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, indeed, support fully! I and opened a similar theme
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27634 exactly about PlotMaker 9!

I VERY want to pass on ARCHICAD 12, but on the sort of the activity (besides directly I teach architectures in the Kharkov national municipal academy) I, indeed often run into unsealing a single display on a few leaves (2x3 sheet of А0, for example).

And concerning a ploting in single large PDF with subsequent his auto breaking up of printer a driver - it not always correctly, and you talk - it is impossible to control the field of impositions.

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!