Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

UNSELECTABLE LAYER OPTION

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think it could be useful to gray and make non selectable locked layers.
As simple as it is, this option does not exist in archicad.
13 REPLIES 13
DGSketcher
Legend
The colour display could be easily covered by Graphic Overrides, if we could set the criteria to check for locked status.

The ability to have the selection process ignore locked layers would be a big help in some situations. My favourite frustration is the shell tool which is partially displayed by the floor height cut plane, but trying to select elements displayed below results in picking up the shell. I am sure there are many other examples. The downside is you wouldn't be able to select an element and use quick layers to unlock or hide it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
The downside is you wouldn't be able to select an element and use quick layers to unlock or hide it.
Agreed.
Weather with a Layer System or a Filter System, this whish would definitely need to come also with an "Unselectable Toggle" command on the On-Screen View Options to give more flexibility. IMO.
AlexM
Booster
Braza wrote:

Does this sounds good?
That sounds excellent!
24 / 25 Win10 & Win11 & OSX
Anonymous
Not applicable
AlexM wrote:
That sounds excellent!
Nice! I created a post in the Model Filter View Option whish including this feature.
Cheers,