Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wish cameras could be placed relative to a story

Erika Epstein
Booster
I would like when placing cameras to be able to set their Camera Z and Target z relative to a story, not just global 0.

This would be very useful saving a lot of time with possible error manually calculating these values for views relative to a particular story. +

It would also be useful to have the choice of which story, particularly home story only view to be seen.

Sometimes cameras defining views for design alternate studies can be easier to manage than trying to match views between files.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
I would like when placing cameras to be able to set their Camera Z and Target z relative to a story...
...or a reference level please!

I often need to position photomontage cameras at a level measured relative to sea level. In my models I prefer to use a reference level for sea level rather than set the storey height - it just works better.

It's an excellent wish. Thank you for posting it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's long overdue for cameras to behave like good citizens. The sections, elevations and details have been whipped into shape. It's time for the cameras to follow suit.

I assume that this would also entail the cameras actually being on stories (with the option to display on others).

It would also be nice to redo the Info box and settings dialog to conform with the rest of the tools.