Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

window and door markers to show in elevation or section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Graphisoft team.
thankyou for your wonderful integrated product.
Please correct me if I'm wrong or behind .....but I would love to know if its possible to show the window maker / Door marker text on the window automatically when you view the elevation or section.

This would really help as it stands i have to put these manually in the elevation and after editing the design this becomes cumbersome. help please !

looking forward to your response
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you open an elevation, activate the window tool and press CTRL+ A, you can select all the windows in that elevations or just select the ones you need manually. After that you can go to Document > Annotation > Label Selected elements to add a label to all of them in one go.

You can set up your label to include Element ID and other things you may want to add.

Alternatively: our reseller offers a custom label made specifically for this purpose with a lot of options for dimensioning, position of the label etc. You might have something similar in your library.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
I do exactly the same Erwin, but it would be a good to just make the relevant info appear with an MVO setting, then you wouldn't have to go through that labelling process. I guess it is probably just another of those zone stamp in section ideas that might turn up one day.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I would argue that windows can be 'visible' in an elevation that are in fact only partially visible or even completely hidden by other elements. I would not want these labelled. You'd end up with an endless set up of exceptions to the rule.

The current system works fine. You can automatically label selected elements and it generally isn't that much work to select them.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
I do understand that position. For me my buildings don't seem to have that problem, but with MVO visibility control we could both be happy.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)