BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

2d and 3dengine together......

Anonymous
Not applicable
well correct me if im wrong but AC uses a 2d engine different form 3d engine right, that why everytime make 2d to see it 3d u have to regenerate the model...might be cool to have a interface like 3dstudio...where u can see all views in diferent windows...i know it doesnt work the same way....but just another wish in the list .....we want real time:P
11 REPLIES 11
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Already added to wishlist.
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS's speedy response is impressive 🙂
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
StuartJames wrote:
GS's speedy response is impressive 🙂
I mean "already", that it has been added long time ago
But we keep searching for some solution...

Balazs
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC uses a 2d engine different form 3d engine right, that why everytime make 2d to see it 3d u have to regenerate the model...might be cool to have a interface like 3dstudio...where u can see all views in diferent windows
But we keep searching for some solution...
Finding a solution is of utmost importance for moving beyond the current ArchiCad paradigm. Sooner would be better than later.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I suppose, this is one of the most important wishes that I have seen on this forum. I am not sure but I think that correct SEO-2D representation won't be possible without having that done.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope that GS is using it position of not having to baby sit version 9 due to its stability to retool the code to accomodate some of these technologies for the next version. I hope that they would drop us some crumbs (info) every once in a while to keep us going.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Changing the current paradigm or way archicad works is bound to be getting more difficult with more products and services and hence user base tied to the archicad engine - constructor, FM etc. Fundamentally changing the way archicad works is going to be painful for everyone but necessary. I would say, make the break and set the mark again for the next 20 years. Will archicad still be the most efficient tool for us to use? I hope so. So what about it graphisoft. Give us a hint.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I totally agree, there needs to much better integration between the plan and 3d displays windows.

If I creat an object in plan, at the same time it should be realising that it's a 3d object and the 3d model is modified accordingly. Not click on 3d and the 3d is just an offshoot of what you're doing on plan.

Not sure about the different windows like 3ds max. I like having windows that you can move around and can have the full view of plan or elevation or 3d. A split interface would get annoying I think.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the concept like the 'new working environment' that was mentioned in this forum previously possible? Is it something that we can expect? Or are we heading down a dead-end road?

New Working Environment go here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=864
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!