Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3D Annotation

Karl Ottenstein
I think this has been wished for before, but can't find it ... and Djordje suggested I add it here. 😉

A very cool thing about SketchUp is the fully associative 3D annotation (text and dimensions) that dynamically rotates to face the camera as the viewpoint changes.

The concept of 3D annotation as used in SketchUp would be useful to ArchiCAD users. With 3D Annotation, the elements - text, arrows, dimensions - are 3D elements that show up in all 3D views (having those layers on) including renderings and flythroughs. In flythroughs, the annotation would (optionally) automatically change position to be readable, as in SketchUp.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ofcourse Karl.
Back in the 90s that would not be so obvious, but now?

For any real 3d presentation 3d annotation (which i guess includes 3d dimensioning) is essential
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes this needs to be a new major feature. It cant be that hard to do.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Geof Gainer
Booster
BOA Cad also has had 3d anno from the start. VERY useful in addition to the big wow factor. Thanks for re-awakening the wish.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2