Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3D Rotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope, that Graphisoft finally will add 3D Rotation function Tool, and that will work with any object.
13 REPLIES 13
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
You have my vote as well
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Ben Odonnell" wrote:
You have my vote as well 😄 😄

And a way to see where the pivot axis is positioned under a marquee selection, specially when working in axonometric 3d views
Anonymous
Not applicable
Z.Bauer wrote:
I hope, that Graphisoft finally will add 3D Rotation function Tool, and that will work with any object.

I am sure you can understand the huge amount of furious disbelief I experienced when I discovered ArchiCAD could not rotate any object around the x or y axies. Why this wasn't added in say version 5 or 6 is beyond me.
3d reference planes and the ability to turn off the selection magnet in the 3d window would go hand in hand with this feature.

Am I the one who bothered to vote? C'mon folks! Don't forget to vote!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Z.Bauer wrote:
U have stolen my wish )))
But probably u will never see it, cos they think we dont need that
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
FYI, there is this add-on:

OBJECTIVE

and it is reasonably priced...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Laura wrote:
FYI, there is this add-on:

OBJECTIVE

and it is reasonably priced...
Thanks Laura,
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I vote too, I can see some problems with that technically though, than we have trouble with 2d views if we can rotate anything like we want to and a slab in reality is a slab, not a roof or wall. But maybe you should have a 3d rotation on all objects (wall, slab, object...) but if you rotate any object, it has some function that convert it to an Complext Object.

Say : You build an complex windowwall with slabtool and beams. You mark all this objects and choose : convert to complex object and then it convert it to an GDL object but with the different that you could rotate it in xyz-plane? And the 2d representation you could choose between views like complex hide lines or outer contour.

And, why not than have a possibility to save this GDL code directly in your .pln file?

And why not go further? Why not have the ability to set ID like Mat1:Frame, Mat2:Glass and when you have converted your object, then in parameterlist for that complext object you have your rotating choise, and also parameters for Frame material and Glass material ?

What do you think about that?
Ben O, Mats K at lasercad in sweden, do your work! !!!
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
TurboGlider wrote:
I vote too, I can see some problems with that technically though, than we have trouble with 2d views if we can rotate anything like we want to and a slab in reality is a slab, not a roof or wall. But maybe you should have a 3d rotation on all objects (wall, slab, object...) but if you rotate any object, it has some function that convert it to an Complext Object.

Say : You build an complex windowwall with slabtool and beams. You mark all this objects and choose : convert to complex object and then it convert it to an GDL object but with the different that you could rotate it in xyz-plane? And the 2d representation you could choose between views like complex hide lines or outer contour.

And, why not than have a possibility to save this GDL code directly in your .pln file?

And why not go further? Why not have the ability to set ID like Mat1:Frame, Mat2:Glass and when you have converted your object, then in parameterlist for that complext object you have your rotating choise, and also parameters for Frame material and Glass material ?

What do you think about that?
Ben O, Mats K at lasercad in sweden, do your work! !!!
Hmmmm...tough one...
I agree on XYZ rotation on dumb objects but on construction elements I would be very nervous...
Using the ID for materials (or a similar work around) would be cool for the extremely small number of users making their own GDL-objects. This should be a separate wish. I would in that case like a dedicated GDL editor where you could just point on the things you model to set simple parameters like material. The GDL editor/viewer would be a free stand-alone thing in my mind.
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
TurboGlider wrote:
Hmmmm...tough one...
I agree on XYZ rotation on dumb objects but on construction elements I would be very nervous...
Dooh, that's why I want those rotated object to be a new kind of Complex Object. A rotated wall or slab isn't a wall or slab after rotation, it's a complex object.