Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3d Wall closure at W/D hole

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi GS.

I, and I believe many other AC users, would love to see a 3d representation of the Wall closuere defined in D/W objects, this would be so suitable when working concrete elements, quantities etc. 

I know that the Variable Closure method, will represent.... Half of the closures... Only the vertical ones above, and underneath the element!

Maybe I´m missing the great trick here, since an obvious work-around would be modelleing the closure from Beams and columns!

ThomasNymann_0-1679489122309.png

Kind regards

Thomas

ASUS ROG I9 12900H 🙂 - RTX 3080ti (16GB) - 32 GB RAM - Ryzen 7 1700X 3,8GHz. - GTX 1080ti 11 GB- 16GB RAM
AC 13 +
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Sometimes I feel the more 'BIM' I want my project to be, the more I need to 'dumb' down my Archicad and throw away the nice features and model things 'by hand' instead of ticking a box in settings and have Archicad solve it for me...

Your wish is a perfect example of this!

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Preach! Lol sorry I'm also in the same boat.

Tinou
Enthusiast

May be the way a wall interacts around openings should be defined in the wall settings and not in the window settings ?

I believe these features much more depend to the type of wall than to the type of window.

Étienne - AC 24 - France

Not really. I have projects where the client wants UPVC windows for most of the building, but wooden frames for some ground level doors. These do not have the same connection details at all.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5