1. Put camera on/off toggle in on screen view options
2. Fix the problem where the 3d navigation changes when you have
3. Option to show lines for intersecting planes/edges in 3d document
4. Independent 3d document for 3d details
5. Ability to do a circular beam without having to do a custom profile, like a column
6. Parameter for a soffit under the roof tool
7. Option for dynamic spelling check
8. Option to merge without certain file attributes
9. Total sum calculation @ bottom of element info
10. Ability to set a custom dimension origin for elev markers
11. Text/paragraph controls on custom dimension text
12. Better quality when saving image formats besides pdf
13. Save layers to pdf (for import into illustrator)
14. Add door & window level of detail to model view options
15. Fix problem where 3d shadows disappear when camera angle increases
16. Ability to copy/ paste layouts in the navigator
17. Ability to set, for example, 15 layouts with master 'a', in the new layout dialogue (like InDesign)
18. Set the layout ID as bold in the navigator so it has more contrast between the layout name, b/c they blend together especially if the drawing starts with a #, such as A201 1st level floor plan
19. Fix problem where text background does not show up until printed
20. Ability to make one slab with more than one top/ bottom elevation
21. Custom profile for slab edge, not just custom angle
22. Ability to adjust door & window ID by double clicking on the marker, with out having to go into the settings and changing the ID there
23. Custom profile for slab, and ability to set origin and orientation (like a fill) of the extrusion (useful for concrete T slabs)
24. Ability to segment the section marker cut line with different pens & line types, rather than to just show or hide the middle segment
25. Ability to tag a wall as a window, give it a window marker, and to show up in the glazing schedule
26. If not 26, then make it possible to add custom rows to the door/ window list
27. Option to adjust the intersection # for a particular layer across all layer combinations
28. Option to 'show section in 3d' (in the right click drop down menu in a section window or when click on a section marker)
29. Add simple/med/detailed door & window option to the model view options
30. Trace & Reference: ability to set a layer as a trace
31. Trace & Reference: transparent fills (setting to turn off trace on the fills and keep on in the main drawing)
32. Ability to set view options for layer combinations, for example, I want to set soffit lines as dashed in floor plan and have them as solid in the RCP without duplicating the lines. Could be accomplished with something similar to the renovation tool.
33. Add arrow size and type to the find and select parameters
34. Option to spell check only layout or only model space
35. Fix wall intersection problem: 8' wall intersects a 4' wall and the floor plan is correct, but the RCP (cutting higher) the wall intersection still appears to be at 4' cutting plane
36. Ability to place internal views in other views without going to the layout view
37. Option to force the wall end lines to show (overriding the clean auto. intersection)
38. Radial dimension tool: Ability to set the centerpoint marker type and size independent of the arrow head
39. Ability to set the uncut column/ wall fill
40. Option to override auto scaling of section marker.
41. Ability to screen (or gray) a layer not just by changing pens, possibly work into the trace tool or the model view options. ie. Floor Framing Plan: I want the walls that my framing is sitting on to be grey with a lighter pen weight. (this should include the ability to adjust the pen color and pen weight of the trace or screen)
42. More customization options with the 'override cut fills', and add 'override cut and uncut lines'
43. Ability to drag a copy of a wall/slab/beam/column in section
44. Ability to add elevation points just like the way you can add linear dimension points
45. Option to stretch walls without moving the windows/doors
46. Add hotspots to on screen view options
47. Ability to curve or make custom path for a beam
I would like to see a function that enables users to rename gdl objects without messing up the old names or the functionality of the objects. Some library parts come in languages other than English and it makes it difficult to select them. I believe that my friend Muaz Alnajjar agrees with that too.
I hope Archicad 17 will slow down system obsolescence, and hold Mac OS X 10.6 compatibility... too much of our software won't work with 10.7 and above, and at this (crisis) time we can't afford to upgrade them all. If Archicad goes ahead with system requirement, we can't continue to use new versions. Even if we upgrade all our software, there's the problem with old documents (also them made with Archicad), now archived in Stuffit archives, that can't be update so easily. Most of them will never be used, but sometimes happens the need to restore someone of them.
I have a couple of them, again I'm not an extremely advanced user.Most of them are thing I see that Revit can do and AC can't
1. Constrains. When you move an element the other elements move with them, especially between walls and floors when you change the story heights or the width of the assemblies, this is a must.
2. Dimensions, a la Revit, where the dimension can change the length of the element, or that you can use eq/eq. Better continuous dimensions.
3. This is an old one and I know there is a add somewhere but Ceilings please!!!!
4. Updated GUI. I don't want the mess of Revit, but I know it can be improved.
5. Improvement of Complex profiles. Reveals.
6. Buy Cadimage and incorporate those features to Archicad standard. Sorry Cadimage
7. Keep improving the stairs, especially to extend railings for ADA.
8. ADA check clearances would be nice.Code compliance would be orgasmic.
like groups in revit or sketchup, pls don't mention "HOTLINKS'" as they can be completely useless in several scenarios.Also stop develop stuff and then abandoning it ie curtain wall(can't slant a curved curtain wall and several other issues)
Yep, Fix what hasn't been completed. I Call it 80%ArchiCad. So many great features that don't get finished or fixed...
- Curtain wall - schedule, ease of use, incorporate standard windows etc
- Teamwork file size
- Windows and doors!!!! Look at cadimage and learn. Does anyone in the software development team actually document architecture??
- GUI -consistancy (Curtain wall editing?, Window editing?...)
- Complex profile/Solid element, viewing options
- Stop issuing new software every year. We can't keep up trying to upgrade projects half way through. Projects take sometimes years to document. Get the release right! Keep it stable and consistent.
- Ability to change wall colours/materials halfway up or along a wall without needing a new wall or complex profile or niche. Often the wall may have exactly the same construction, just a different colour/brick/panel...
more to come I think....
Warwick Lloyd-Martin 3 D E N V I R O N M E N T http://www.3de.com.au Windows 11 Pro 64bit ArchiCad 4.55>26 AUS Lumion 12.5/2023
Actually, the only reason for me to stay with ArchiCAD is the following: all the previous works of mine were made with AC, and it would be hard to change (usually I have to develop my previous works). Not the learning process of a new software.
Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)
I discovered a tutorial about a "competing software" and have to say that some editing maneuvers really made my drool.
Like: constraints, aligning, ability to partially 'detach' a skin from a composite wall, making a sloped bathroom floor without splitting the slab and in the same time changing the finish of the slab, creating shaft openings (without SEO, thank you), and so on...
I don't want to use AC like this other software, but some editing commands would be just damm useful sometimes.
GS please study this 'competing software'!
arch. ernest atanasiu AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11