Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability for more library objects to change livetype for Reflected Ceiling Plan MVO setting

Robert Nichols
Advocate
I think this one is so obvious, perhaps I might be missing it. Could you add a few more parameters to library objects so you can select an alternate linetype and pen when MVO is set to Reflected Ceiling Plan view? With all the detail level options now available depending on MVO, I'm surprised this isn't available. I give this capability to almost every GDL object I make for our office. Many of the objects I make are simple wrappers around GS objects so that I can add this functionality.

For primitive elements, I have added a property which I can then access via Graphic Override Rules to change linotypes when I select an RCP Graphic Override Combination.

Related: When I first learned about the cutting plane settings (maybe they were added around AC15 or so??), I had thought a slab positioned above my cutting plane, with proper settings, could appear dashed. And then when looking at the same slab in RCP mode, it could appear solid. Would be nice.
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Robert wrote:
Related: When I first learned about the cutting plane settings (maybe they were added around AC15 or so??), I had thought a slab positioned above my cutting plane, with proper settings, could appear dashed. And then when looking at the same slab in RCP mode, it could appear solid. Would be nice.
Just save a new view for your RCP plan and set the Floor Plan Cutting Plane height so it is above the slab.
The FPCP value is stored with each view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11