Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Access Library Part Parameters from Property Expressions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems like a relatively simple thing and really handy, to have access to every Library Part Parameter not only from Schedules - Fields but also when writing a Property Expression.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree,
maybe separated in STANDARD (as it ist) and ADVANCED and USER.

This can avoid confusing complexity for standard user-tasks.

Prime would be, if USER can decide what parameters are important and set it in the USER chapter.

E.g.: Some people draw joblifetime suspended ceilings (fortunately not me :--)), other do fire prevention design...
Both will never need all parameter their property calculations, but the parameters they need, they need daily.
Best regards
Mario
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i think the way they have separated Library Part Parameters in schedules is fine. They could do the exact same thing for properties.

Although i have a recommendation about the way you find the right library part parameter. I think it would be easier to drag n drop parameters from the property window of the object you are interested in. Lets say you want some parameters from the Zone tool. You could have some sort of side window of the Zone Tool so that you can easily find what you need. Right now there is a list of all parameters but its difficult to say which is which most of the time.

Also in some small offices, as the one i work for, you have to do everything, may it be ceilings, flooring and we need to be able to schedule everything with relative ease.
Just as long as we have access to all the necessary data we can build a better workflow.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say this is a known wish in our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12217). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

jc4d
Expert

Hi, Is there any update on this matter?

No, not that I am aware of.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nic Tulban
Booster

I expected it to happen in 26. But we will have to wait a little bit more.