BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add a button to add open material editor in parameters secti

Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens to me usually.
I am editiing or creating an object (wall , slab, furniture....) and its time to edit the material parameters. When i arrive at the parameters i see that i dont have the desired material (i usually create custom materials like Exterior_Wall_1). If that happens i have to close the properties dialog and go to the materials dialog box add the material and go back . If the object has 5-6 materials i have to write them down.

Whouldnt be easier in Materials section to have a button next to the dropdown list , pressing it will open the material editor, i will add the new material , and when closing it , the dropdown list will have that material. Saves much time.
Minor tweak but timesaver.

Your Opinion?
11 REPLIES 11
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
oreopoulos,
Have you tried out or read about this http://www.dunako.com/MatManager3D.html tool from Danuko?

Although it's not exactly what you want, it could help you on your way. I have beta tested it and I belive that again, this is some thing that should naturally be included in the ArchiCAD package.

BTW, you have my vote

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
oreopoulos,
Have you tried out or read about this http://www.dunako.com/MatManager3D.html tool from Danuko?
Ben,
I looked at this product and found it to be very interesting. I especially like the statement "...done in 3D window of ArchiCAD using a modeless dialog window (dialog which does force the user to close it in order to perform other tasks)...."

I believe many design/modeling tasks should be handled this "modeless" way.

there is no information regarding the availabilty of this product - do you know when it will be available?

P.S. I vote essential on this one as well
Thanks,
Dan K
Rakela Raul
Participant
I have beta tested it and I belive that again, this is some thing that should naturally be included in the ArchiCAD package
me 2 and i agree 100%
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Dan wrote:
Ben wrote:
oreopoulos,
Ben,
I looked at this product and found it to be very interesting. I especially like the statement "...done in 3D window of ArchiCAD using a modeless dialog window (dialog which does force the user to close it in order to perform other tasks)...."

I believe many design/modeling tasks should be handled this "modeless" way.

there is no information regarding the availability of this product - do you know when it will be available?

P.S. I vote essential on this one as well
Thanks,
Dan K
Hi Dan,
I have e-mailed the guy who has done the add-on and he will answer
all of your questions. Today hopefully

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Working only on 3d is not the best, although its ofcourse a big help.
I was talking about a small button next the material, but in 3d its usefull too!
Very usefull
__archiben
Booster
Ben wrote:
Have you tried out or read about this www.dunako.com/MatManager3D.html[/url"> tool from Danuko?
hey! that's a great add-on! pavol will soon become the new fabrizio?

i tend to agree that it should be present directly in archiCAD, but i too
would love to know when this is going to be available . . .

i've voted 'important' for the original wish . . . and possibly not just for materials. anywhere you can set an attribute there ought to be some way of directly accessing those attributes before continuing . . .

cheers
~/archiben

(by the way - i'm assuming that it's a typo on dunako's website when it says that the modeless dialogue does need to be closed?)
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
Ben,

there is no information regarding the availabilty of this product - do you know when it will be available?
I appreciate your interest in MatManager3D.

We plan to release MatManager3D in first half of March 2005 - we are literally just a few days from the release. I will post a message in ArchiCAD-Talk News section when it is released but if you want to be notified directly please let me know privately.

Thanks.

Pavol
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
hey! that's a great add-on! pavol will soon become the new fabrizio?
Thanks for a great compliment.
~/archiben wrote:
(by the way - i'm assuming that it's a typo on dunako's website when it says that the modeless dialogue does need to be closed?)
Yes, it was a typo - it is gone already.

Pavol
__archiben
Booster
Pavol wrote:
Thanks for a great compliment.
you're welcome!

can you tell us whether matmanager3D can 'paint' different edges of the same polygon with different materials? as in this thread:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5790&highlight=

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!