Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Additional Option for Floor Plan Display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Under Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories, please add an option to display Home Story and All Relevant Stories.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
Garrett wrote:
Under Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories, please add an option to display Home Story and All Relevant Stories.
'All Relevant Storeys' is actually the toggle that switches an element to automatic display based on the cut plane and the storeys that it passes through. in this context 'Home Storey' has no relevancy . . . when would you want an element to show on a storey through which it doesn't pass or have any presence on?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Foundation Plans.

I have a residence with a basement and crawl spaces, a detached garage and concrete site features whose foundations I would like to be able to work on (dimensions and notes) in the Foundation Story that I created and still have them display properly across the other stories.

Due to the relative footing depths, when I use "All Relevant Stories" the walls are fine in all other stories except the Foundation Story. And, obviously, with the choice of "Home Story Only" the walls might as well be 2D where the other stories are concerned.

I love the FPCP, I created a "wish" for it a long time ago, but we all know that sometimes our drawings aren't literal "cuts". Being able to force an element to display on its home story and other relevant stories would help greatly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to bump this, but I just wanted to add a thought.

...perhaps it would be simpler to add a "Custom" option to the Show On Stories settings for walls similar to the one for slabs.

Thanks.
TomWaltz
Participant
Don't bump things. If people were interested, they'd vote or speak up.
Tom Waltz