BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

All fields should be highlightable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It used to be that the file dialog box didn't let you highlight the path so you could copy/paste into explorer. Well GS fixed that in 8. But they didn't impliment this feature across the board. Here is an example in Plotmaker where I need to highlight the path so I can copy it into explorer. We have some details linked to a standard detail template file. (See attached.) But I need to edit one of these details. So I need to go find the standard template and copy/paste into my project file. It would be soo much easier if I could just select the detail and highlight the path.* Then I could open it super easy in another ArchiCAD session.

I know this might seem minor. Why not just browse? Sure, but it's easier to copy/paste. This has been a standard windows feature for as long as I can remember. With respect Graphisoft, I don't see why this program that costs as much as a decent used car has to be so archaic. This is precisely the kind of thing that I have been complaining about with Graphisoft products since day one. Graphisoft might fix something in one particular part of the program, but won't think to fix it in another part. This program, and it's Plotmaker companion, need to be 100% consistent throughout the entire program.

Can I have an all "essential" because it should be just so blasted simple for Graphisoft to impliment this, as well as it should have been implimented correctly from day one. If Graphisoft used standardized windows and dialogs then things like this wouldn't happen. And before you decide that this isn't essential, let me ask you to ask yourself a question. What simple/"meaningless" Mac/PC program couldn't you live without? Me? It's the clipboard. Can you imagine what your life would be like without this simple seemingly minor little capability? Minor simple little capabilities can make a world of difference.

I want to make it clear that this wish is about the path thingy, not the "get your act together Graphisoft" complaint. I'm just venting. So post your opinions based on the path wish.

(Maybe as a side wish, GS could add a context (right click) entry for these links that says "Open Containing Folder" or something like that. Not that big of a wish, but it might come in handy one day.)

Select Path.png
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!