BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Annoying Reference Level Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Reference Level 1 to make my top of first floor slab height 100'-0". ArchiCAD automatically puts the text "(1st Reference Level)" after the dimension. I never want this on my dimensions. At the very least, ArchiCAD should provide a parameter in the Dimension tool's settings that turns this annoying text off.
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can already do this.

Select the text portion only and then you can change from "auto text" to "measured value" and you will have only the measured value as you want show.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm already doing that, but I don't want to have to do that in the first place. I'm not sure why GS thought it was a good idea to make the dimensions default like this, but I never need that text, so I wouild prefer that there be a switch that I can set to make it just use the measured text.
Erika Epstein
Booster
what's the big deal?

Once you reset it and/or alt/opt click it to reset the default, it shows as you like.

....just because you like it one way doesn't mean everyone does.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm curious, has anybody out there ever left the "(1st Reference Level)" text on your elevation dimensions? If so, for what purpose?
Erika Epstein
Booster
you can rename it to something like "Sea Level" which I have found quite useful
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Andy Thomson
Advisor
yes, but sea level, sea level, sea level on every storey is only for underwater buildings!

I agree, it shouldn't be the default, maybe for the first placed dimension and not the subsequent ones. We usually place dimensions referencing to zero first, then switch to 'reference level' and the annoying text is not there...

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
__archiben
Booster
you could call it a simple and unassuming "RL" for 'reference level'?

"+81,000 RL" isn't ideal, but it beats having a lot of the same text everywhere. nevertheless . . . i agree with the original wish that this should be an optional extra.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!