Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Apartment label to sum up net area ("TOP Stempel")

Anonymous
Not applicable
For residential projects it would be really helpful to have the "Apartment label" function in the international ArchiCAD version. The Austrian version has the tool as "TOP Stempel". For the client we always need to sum up the apartment net floor area and place it next to the floor plan. Currently we do it "by hand" with the calculator and text tool. In the forum I read, that some people code their own object, but there must be and easier & automated way. Why is it only available in the Austrian version??!!! Please add to the international version!!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
For each apartment create a new zone category, than you can just simply create a schedule and list sum area of each apartment.
You don't need any special thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer, but that is not a solution for the missing tool. I want a label / text / object, that automatically adds all m2 of a pre-defined unit (such as an apartment). That way I can immediately see the total net area (=saleable area) and have it also always updated when handing over drawings to the client. Without the detour via schedules or lists. Please see attached screenshot of the tool as it is available in the Austrian version of ArchiCAD. Or watch the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88KGcVtS0HI
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
From watching that video, it is an addon that comes with the object and you need to manually update through the addon whenever your zones have changed.

A linked schedule placed with Drawing tool will automatically update and can be made to look excactly like that. The work flow would be excactly the same too: just use a smart naming convention for the zone ID and schedule those.

I'd still place the summary on my layout, but this is just down to layout preference.

Have you tried getting the tool from the Austrian reseller?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Birte wrote:
Thanks for your answer, but that is not a solution for the missing tool. I want a label / text / object, that automatically adds all m2 of a pre-defined unit (such as an apartment). That way I can immediately see the total net area (=saleable area) and have it also always updated when handing over drawings to the client. Without the detour via schedules or lists. Please see attached screenshot of the tool as it is available in the Austrian version of ArchiCAD. Or watch the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88KGcVtS0HI [/img]

You have to think more universal, these kind of tools never going to be developed by GS as they serve one purpose for small amount of people.

I had an other idea that never going to happen but would be great and would solve this also, the ability to show schedule cells in auto text.

I would suggest contact this guy and buy the label from him if it is available. You can find him in this forum also
DGSketcher
Legend
Birte,

It would help if we knew which version of AC you are using. Most people add this to their signature.

If you have AC20 you may want to consider using "Generic Label 20" which looks like it will report the surface area of the floor slab after automatic deductions for walls e.g. Net area. For this to work you would need to have a single floor slab otherwise you are back to using zones & schedules as others have suggested. You should double check the results before committing to make sure the right deductions are being made in your model.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)