Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad GO's (Renovation Settings)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would it be possible to remove Existing,Demo & New from GO rules and rather make them part of the Graphic Override Combination sets as this would help in working more effectively with the renovation filters and one could control how new or existing walls would display on plan while not effecting new or existing furniture.
6 REPLIES 6
gpowless
Advocate
I'll take that one further. Not only should the renovation settings be in the graphical override palette but please give us the ability to hide elements as part of the GO options.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
It's a long standing wish, but I'd like to note that the limitation of New/Existing/Demo status in the Renovation Property limits the opportunities to create Phasing Plans for multi-phase projects. Making this parameter just like any other GO, with the option to add more statuses (Future, Phase2New, Phase3Demo, etc.) would solve a nearly insurmountable problem, AND remain compatible with Revit's phasing capability.

Right now, we can only create ridiculous numbers of Layers to make Phases. Yes, you can now add a custom Property for Phasing, but here's ANOTHER problem... 2D elements don't have Properties! The only thing that can control 2D visibility is the Renovation Filter!

And don't even get me started about Module instances!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Da3dalus wrote:
Right now, we can only create ridiculous numbers of Layers to make Phases. !
And add the others layer you need to add for others workarounds, I usually end up a project with a lot of extra layers just to get thing the way I need them.

I think that there is too some things in AC that relies only on layers that should not be, like hiding an element in a view.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
You can't hide elements using a Graphic Override, but you can make them INVISIBLE. Pen 91 is always white in our pen sets, so I set all 2D elements to that pen. Then I change the surface to Air Space. *Poof* it's gone!

OK, this is a weak work-around, but it's better than what we've had!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Da3dalus wrote:
You can't hide elements using a Graphic Override, but you can make them INVISIBLE. Pen 91 is always white in our pen sets, so I set all 2D elements to that pen. Then I change the surface to Air Space. *Poof* it's gone!

OK, this is a weak work-around, but it's better than what we've had!
Yeah, that's also a solution, really better than what we had before, but it is still to much of a workaround for a simple task, because you will need to do different rules for different objects, etc. it will be nice to have a simple option to hide an element.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys,

There was one improvement in AC21: The "Renovation Status" parameter of elements is now available as Graphic Override Criterion in the Graphic Override Rules Dialog of ARCHICAD 21:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/archicad/archicad-21-small-improvements/#Use_Renovation_Statu...

Hiding elements based on GO Criteria is still not possible though.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27