BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Asymmetric Sliding Door

Jordan S
Newcomer
An asymmetric sliding door setting or another door object needs to be added. There is an asymmetric double door object so why not a sliding door variant. I've managed to fudge it with a couple of windows and cover fills but it would be so much quicker to have an actual door!
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
They have basically made it so that the fixed portion of your sliding door perfectly fits your sliding leaf. I find this more annoying when it comes to pocket doors. I do not want the leaf to completely conceal within the pocket, it anything, it is not practical... "Oops, I can't close the door anymore because I got the leaf stuck in the pocket..."

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Lingwisyer
Guru
For the time being, for asymmetric sliding doors like in your example, I've used a pocket door in front of windows. The main issue with this though is that pocket doors do not have the standard frame options, so I end up with an extra empty door frame. It works for creating a 2d and 3d representation but I'm not sure how you'd scheduled it and such... it wasn't needed for that job.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!