Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Attribute Manage - Layers

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

This wish is in regards to modifying multiple layers in multiple combinations at once.

I recently needed to add layers from an external model to all of my combinations. The one thing that hampered me was selecting the layers in the Attribute Manager as extensions are not visible there, so there is no way to easily isolate the relevant layers. Following, if I wanted to change my selection for a different combination, I need to make all of my layer selections again as it deselects your layers when you change combination.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
If you want to turn a layer on/off in the attribute manager, select all of the layer combinations that you want the same settings for and turn the layer on/off - it will change for all of them.
This is easier than selecting the combinations one at a time and setting the layers.

I find it is a little easier to adjust them in the layer settings dialogue as it is a little more visual as to what is happening in each combination.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
The issue is finding the said layers, then having to find the common ones again for a different combination.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660