BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Attribute folder duplication

ArchiMind
Advocate

Hello, community.

I was wondering how many of you would think that it would be good to have options to duplicate entire folders in the new attribute manager ?
In that sense, we could duplicate whole folders with layers, and composites, which would allow us as users to change quickly the entire folder instead of creating everything from scratch.

Cheers,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

At the moment, an attribute can only belong to one folder.

So until Graphisoft allow us to have the same attribute in multiple folders, this will not be possible.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I understand what you are writing, but if it's possible that inside one folder you could duplicate the whole composite, with extension (1), I don't really see a problem to implement the same logic with folders. Right now it seems like a half-finished product. Don't get me wrong, the idea of folders is much appreciated, and I hope it would be developed further so it starts to resemble file explorer in OS.

Cheers,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11

As you note - attribute folders was implemented obviously underdeveloped with the lack of hierarchical management sticking out as a sign of remarkable ignorance/shortsightedness. But if folders get properly developed I can see the use from duplication especially from linked/cloned folders. For layers it would allow for a structure with multiple buildings, systems, constructions, etc. thus somewhat alleviating the issues regarding limited control over visibility/intersectionality/editability.

Learn and get certified!